Coney Island Bagels

718-332-1906

2829 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11235

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Brooklyn bagel store that now has tofu cream cheese varieties and veggie sandwiches. Owner is open to suggestions. Open 24 hours.

Categories: Lacto, American, Fast food, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Carlyjeg

hope it’s really vegan! - Edit

I live in the area, and there’s nothing vegan out here. So I was excited to see this bagel shop at least had tofu cream cheese! The previous reviewer says it’s clearly labeled, but I haven’t found that to be true. The case shows only the dairy cream cheeses. I’ve tried the tofu cream cheeses here 3 times. Once plain, once veggie, and another time scallion. Something about them tastes “real” to me, but I’ve stressed to the employees I have an allergy and they claim it’s tofu. It tastes unlike any other tofu cream cheese I’ve tried! But I have to believe it’s truly vegan, even though my taste buds say otherwise! I suppose I would feel better if they were clearly labeled and visible from the window, but there’s no evidence that they even exist until you ask about them! Anyway, their bagels are really good, especially the everything!

max rating is 4, deserves 5 - Edit

I've been going to this bagel shop for over a decade but they just got some vegan options after my husband and I asked the manager if he'd introduce tofu cream cheese. They now serve many varieties and have a lot of new signs letting people know about their 100% vegan options. The staff is great and they're open 24hrs so we always stop here in the mornings and before any trips and when we get home too late for anything else. So glad to see them open to new ideas. Please ask for more vegan options when you visit , they need to see how many people want them!!

Pros: veggie tofu spread, chives tofu spread, bagels

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coney Island Bagels closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.