First Review by darcywallace

Could be much better - Edit

They don't have many vegan things, and nothing marked. When I went there they didn't even almost have enough vegan filling for the burrito, apparently they didn't make it that day. but they had a tiny bit left, I guess from the day before? So instead they offered me some tacos. A bit expensive for what it was. And they really hold back on the guacamole.The staff is friendly and they speak Spanish. Although they are not from Mexico, so don't select real Mexican food

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Not many vegan options, little guacamole

Sad Burrito - Edit

Condesa is cute and has great atmosphere, so I was excited to order the special vegetarian burrito they were featuring, which had beans and guacamole. Unfortunately the tortilla was very gummy and thick, and it was about the stingiest serving of guacamole I've ever seen. I really thought they forgot the guacamole until I found a tiny remnant of green sauce in the corner of one of the folds. Nothing in the burrito tasted fresh. I love Mexican food so much that I wouldn't call this burrito terrible, but I would compare it to a frozen burrito that was recently warmed up in the microwave.

All that being said, I think I'll try this place again. The location is convenient, the service was friendly, and I really like the way the restaurant feels. Next time I'll definitely be trying the quesadilla though, which makes me wonder how good this place can really be for vegans.

Pros: Atmosphere, Friendly Service, Location

Cons: Lackluster Flavor, Stingy with Guacamole

Limited Veggie options, but great Quesedilla - Edit

Small, cosy Mexican cafe. They have 1 veggie options for their burritos, quesedillas and tacos.

I go there very often for lunch. the quesadilla is cheese-a-licious.

I wouldn't go out of your way to visit this place, but if you're in the neighbourhood and hungry, check it out.

Pros: Friendly staff, Good food

Cons: Limited veggie options

not very engaged in vegan food - Edit

I love mexican food so I tried the vegan burrito at Condesa. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and the staff was very busy and still friendly. Unfortunately the Burrito didn´t taste me very well. To me it seemed as if there was no sauce at all inside and I assume that this is because they offer a vegan option to be able to serve vegans as well, but not because their heart is in (also it´s not marked vegan).

Pros: nice staff & atmosphere, cheaper take out prices, right at Münchner Freiheit

Cons: no marked vegan options, taste

authentic and affordable - great for vegans - Edit

i LOVE LOVE LOVE condesa. the wonderful owners bring a sense of service and customer orientation to each guest, rarely seen in munich. equally, the quality of ingredients and the flavors have introduced a proper Mexican, street-style food, into Munich.

vegetarian filling is listed on their menu, and you can specify any additions or changes that you'd like : dairy free, extra rice, tortilla free, etc. they accommodate it all.

the space is very small but colorful and caters to a quick take-out style, or there's a few tables in back for sitting and enjoying.

rumors have it that they will expand in munich, which will be a very welcomed addition to the restaurant scene.

Pros: healthy food, friendly staff, best for 'quick' bite

Cons: not ideal for large groups, limited menu options

Return to Munich Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Condesa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.