First Review by jdame

Mixed Feelings - Edit

I have mixed feelings about the Concord Co-op. While I appreciate the vegan grocery items they carry (Bragg's Nutritional Yeast, Daiya Cheese, Organic Woodstock Tofu, Upton's Seitan, etc.), everything is extremely expensive. The buffet and to-go area is disappointing. There are barely any vegan options, and those that are available are much too overpriced. Tabbouleh salad for $5? Chickpea salad for $6? Easy-to-make hummus wraps for $10 or more? No, thanks. Also: last time I was there, I was excited to see that they now have serve-yourself kombucha available by the entrance. I was less excited to see that there was a cloud of flies around it that were landing on the tap. And I was disgusted when I helped myself to a bottle of kombucha, only to find that there were drowned flies floating inside.

Pros: Carries vegan must-haves in grocery

Cons: Expensive, not many vegan buffet options, fly-filled kombucha

So many options! - Edit

The Concord Co-op has many vegan products. Their freezer section has vegan friendly frozen dinners, pizzas, icecream. They have a lot of different snack foods, chips, crackers, vegan jerky, chocolate, etc. There is a bakery in the store that makes some very good vegan cookies. They sell vegan cake (AMAZING) by the slice, along with sweet potato chocolate brownies, whoopie pies, and premade sandwiches. There is a hot bar every day and there is generally one or two options vegan options. My dislikes about this store is the lack of cash registers. Checking out takes longer than it should. Prices are very high.

Pros: Frozen vegan food, Hot bar, Bakery with vegan options

Cons: Checkout takes too long, Prices $$$

Nice little store - Edit

Small option of vegan food with very polite people. Affordable and will keep the vegan fed while working or passing through concord.

Pros: Friendly, Price

Cons: Small Selection

Return to Concord Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Concord Cooperative Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1116 times since Aug 2007.