Comunidad Hare Krisna Bhaktivedanta-Iskcon

• Org Organization
+34-915213096

Calle del Espiritu Santo 19 (at Asociacion Hare Krisna de Madrid), Madrid, Spain, 28004

A Hare Krishna center that runs a vegetarian cafeteria - please check for times. You are required to remove your shoes at the entrance. Hosts chanting. Friday evening there is pizza after mantras starting at 6:30pm. Open Tue-Sat 2:00am-2:30pm, Fri 8:00pm-8:30pm, Sun 3:00am-3:30pm. Closed Mon. Times are approximate - singing and class then food served at stated time. Please check ahead and Facebook / website.

First Review by LeFunks

Nice place - Edit

I like this place. Come along before lunch and have a bit of a chant along. Part with 7 euros and smash down a good meal. Not sure if it's vegan, but certainly there are vegan dishes. If there are a lot of people you may sit on the floor.

Took a friend here and we caught the end of the chanting - she has lived next door for two years and never realised it was here. Loved it! It's an interesting place to bring guests.

Pros: Totally different dining experience , Bit of a sing along before lunch, Very good value, nice vibes

Cons: Some ppl might not like the religious angle

Not my cup of tea - Edit

The restaurant opens only at lunch Monday to Saturday. You are asked to removed your shoes the moment you come into the premises, which are quite small: just a couple of tables next to several shoe racks on the ground floor and some more room in a basement with no seats but mats and cushions to sit on the floor. The menu is unknown in advance and may use dairy (although a vegan option is always possible). It's served on metal fast food trays and you can have a second helping. I've been only once with a friend and I'm sorry to say it was one of the worst eating-out experiences of my life. Opening hours are vague, we arrived 10 minutes before it was supposed to open but they were already serving meals. It was late June and hot in Madrid, inside the restaurant the atmosphere was hardly bearable. We and some other costumers had to insist so that they turned the air conditioner on. Obviously we ended up in the basement, sitting on the floor with the trays full of hot food resting on our legs, people constantly coming in and out of the place, walking around us with their feet flying just a few inches away from your food. There was some nice sense of brotherhood among all the customers, everyone trying to make the other feel comfy in such an awkward situation. That was kind of fun, but honestly I don't think I'll ever eat there again.
Updated from previous review on Friday November 07, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday November 07, 2014

Pros: inexpensive, second helping

Cons: small and VERY uncomfortable premises, opening hours are imprecise

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Comunidad Hare Krisna Bhaktivedanta-Iskcon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.