First Review by LeFunks

Not my cup of tea - Edit

The restaurant opens only at lunch Monday to Saturday. You are asked to removed your shoes the moment you come into the premises, which are quite small: just a couple of tables next to several shoe racks on the ground floor and some more room in a basement with no seats but mats and cushions to sit on the floor. The menu is unknown in advance and may use dairy (although a vegan option is always possible). It's served on metal fast food trays and you can have a second helping. I've been only once with a friend and I'm sorry to say it was one of the worst eating-out experiences of my life. Opening hours are vague, we arrived 10 minutes before it was supposed to open but they were already serving meals. It was late June and hot in Madrid, inside the restaurant the atmosphere was hardly bearable. We and some other costumers had to insist so that they turned the air conditioner on. Obviously we ended up in the basement, sitting on the floor with the trays full of hot food resting on our legs, people constantly coming in and out of the place, walking around us with their feet flying just a few inches away from your food. There was some nice sense of brotherhood among all the customers, everyone trying to make the other feel comfy in such an awkward situation. That was kind of fun, but honestly I don't think I'll ever eat there again.
Updated from previous review on Friday November 07, 2014

Updated from previous review on Friday November 07, 2014

Pros: inexpensive, second helping

Cons: small and VERY uncomfortable premises, opening hours are imprecise

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Comunidad Hare Krisna Bhaktivedanta-Iskcon closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1519 times since Feb 2013.