Compost

Contact 971092705

Carrer Ruben Dario 4, Mallorca, Spain, 07012

Certified organic vegan restaurant serving breakfast, juices, smoothies, set lunch menu, and weekend evening menu. Open Mon-Fri 10:30am-5:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Fusion

First Review by ManuelLynch

Nice food - Edit

I liked the menu card. There is enough choice. The people who work there are very friendly and the presentation of the plates is beautiful. I find the taste of the dishes so so... Good but not great.

Pros: Great staff, trendy, healthy

Cons: Taste

Quite mixed - Edit

A nice little restaurant but the food was inconsistent. We had the set lunch menu. Some dishes were tasty, others were bland. Very friendly staff.

Pros: Nice setting, Friendly staff

Cons: Inconsistent , Some dishes not well balanced

Comida Sana y Rica! - Edit

Debes venir! Vegano o no, todo es muy rico. La mayoría es local y orgánico y opciones sin gluten y o crudo. Los dueños son muy amables y la comida siempre tiene buena pinta! Absolutely delicious, seriously any diet- come and try it, I had a birthday celebration here and none of my guests were vegan and all of them loved the food!

Pros: Rico/Delicious, Local!, Organico/Sano- Organic & Healthy

Just great - Edit

I was really looking forward to eat at this restaurant and it was even better than I expected.
The restaurant has a really nice atmosphere and the staff was very nice and friendly.
The menu sounded very good and it was very hard for me to choose a dish.
Since we don't have a raw vegan restaurant in my home area I was really eager to try a raw non-sweet dish.
We ate baked aubergines with sweet potatoe cheese, raw zucchini canneloni, a walnut, shiitake and hemp burger with vegetables, raw lemon cheesecake and raw tiramisu. It was so delicious that we wanted to lick our plates clean.
It was also a great experience for my meat eating boyfriend and I was so happy to show him how delicious and creative vegan food can be :)
Altogether, we just loved this restaurant!

Pros: Exceptional food, Very nice staff, Great atmosphere

Einfach hervorragend! - Edit

Geschmackvoll eingerichtetes Bio-Restaurant mit gehobener Küche auf Gourmet- Niveau!
Wer also hervorragend essen möchte bei tollem Ambiente und super freundlicher und zuvorkommender Bedienung und moderaten Preisen, sollte sich das Compost nicht entgehen lassen.
Wir hatten homemade Spaghetti mit Beatballs und Tomatensauce, Fallafeln auf Raw Brokkoli, frische Smoothies, Roséwein, Erdnuss Arracini mit Hummus und Tiramisu, Lemoncake sowie Creme Brûlée...
Unbeschreiblich lecker, wir kommen wieder!

Pros: hat Abends länger geöffnet

Pure Heaven - Edit

As a raw vegan couple we arrived at heaven.
Creative dishes, tasty and very satisfying.
Absolutely no complaints here!

We had lunch dinner and shall visit many more times during out next week here as the menu changes regularly.

Very excited and appreciative of the hard work being done to accommodate us !!!

Pros: everything :(

Cons: none

Good - Edit

The food was very good! But it's very small portions which is very sad. The desserts are very good but small as well :( !! The staff is good and they speak well english. We were the only one in the restaurant so I don't know if it's noisy when there are others.

Pros: Nice staff, Excellent food

Cons: Small portions, Kind of expensive

5 star vegan restaurant! - Edit

What a fantastiskt Eco vegan restaurant considering all aspects! Me and my fiancé had both lunch and dinner here and we have nothing to complain about! The food was tasty with health focus, eco products, most dishes where gluten free and they served gluten free homemade bread which was really nice, well composed dishes and menues, friendly staff, nice restaurant atmosphere, reasonable prices, wifi, seating both inside and outside, clean! Defensively worth a visit!! Keep up the good job!!!

LOVED it! - Edit

Had a fab meal at Compost - the food was incredible, so tasty and well presented. I can't eat gluten either so it was great to have the majority of the menu to choose from as well as some raw vegan options too. We had the raw wraps to start with tamari dip and the quinoa salad. For mains my partner had the tomato zucchini and I had the mung bean falafel which were so good. Dessert was the lemon cheesecake and the Chocolate tart (both raw) both amazing. The smoothies were also great. Staff were also lovely and really knowledgeable when it came to allergens. Definitely worth the visit!

Pros: 100%Vegan! , Gluten free options, Good value

Cons: Nothing

Highly recommended - Edit

We loved our dinner experience at the Compost. The atmoshpere is nice, the service was super friendly and all dishes we ordered were delicious, immaginative and beautifully presented. We had raw carrot falafel, onion bhaji with cauliflower rice and a beet burger. As desserts we chose the raw carrot cake, irish moss and wheatgrass cake and the creme brulée with a hint of orange...yummy.

They also offer a lot of raw dishes. They are 100% organic and use recycled placemats, etc.

The prices are more than fair. Great value for money.

We will definitely come back here!

Pros: Great, all organic, food, Very good value for money, Super friendly and helpful staff

Cons: None :-)

Super good!! - Edit

I went today for the first time and omg I am 100% positive I'll be back soon!!
I went with a friend and we ordered everything different so we could try each other's plates and everything was delicious!!
Also, I am allergic to nuts so I couldn't have any of the raw desserts that were included in the menu, and they made something different especially for me (pancakes!! and they were soooo good!!)
The portions aren't big but you end up full anyway, which is amazing because I eat like a horse....

Pros: everything

completely fantastic - Edit

Had the love green juice with the gnocchi and artichokes! Really delicious but I wish I had some pepper to spice it up! That's just my preference!

Excellent service as well!

And the RAW TIRAMISU!!!!! Holy Moses. I love tiramisu but since being vegan the ones I've tried haven't been good at all. However this tiramisu is better than anything I imagined it could be! I'm go glad I ordered it!

Compost is a must if you are in Palma

Pros: everything!

Delicious food and great staff - Edit

I went to Compost for the lunch menu when I was visiting Mallorca on holiday. I was very impressed at the quality of the food, the impressive menu and the excellent value for money, considering that everything is organic. I had salad, soup and ravioli, followed by delicious deserts and coffee, too. Haha it was a great feast! And all healthy and vegan. Also there was some nice art work, the staff are very friendly and it's got a very clean, chilled vibe. I hope to go back some day. Don't miss this place if you are in the area! Especially if you are looking for healthy, vegan and raw food, it's a must! Thank you :)

Pros: Delicious, healthy food, Organic, vegan, raw options, Friendly vibe

Totally awesome vegan place! - Edit

Absolutely LOVED this place. The energy is so sweet and the staff have a lovely authenticity and friendliness.

This is an amazing place for any discerning, healthy person. Everything is vegan and organic. They have a massive list of different juices and smoothies and a nice selection of healthy snacks. They also had a really good value set menu which includes a drink, a soup, a main meal and a dessert - with lots of different options to suit everyone (which seems inexpensive considering what you'd get).

We enjoyed a delicious avocado sandwich and a very refreshing juice. I really wish we could have stayed in the city longer for a full meal there, but we had to jet off quickly. The quality of what we did have was fabulous and we'll definitely be back next time we on the island.

Pros: Very friendly, Wonderful energy, Lots of delicious things

Smart vegan restaurant - Edit

We stayed in an apartment and by a very happy chance, Compost was the nearest restaurant. We dined on a Saturday evening which offers an a la carte menu rather than the 15 euro lunchtime offering. Most vegan restaurants are somewhat basic so it made a nice change to find a smart venue with a fresh understated decor and attentive waitress service, well worth paying a little more for the ambience.

We chose a bottle of organic wine and opted for two starters between the three of us: nori and raw vegetables, and a quinoa salad with wheatgrass polenta. Both were beautifully presented and very good, but while we were waiting we were given small complimentary bowls of a creamy celery and kale soup, also excellent.

We enjoyed our main courses but would have liked more vegetable content in the rice and noodle dishes. Only one of us had dessert, a raspberry and strawberry tart with raw nut base which was judged to be delicious.

Pros: Excellent food, Organic vegan wine, Smart restaurant

Cons: Not enough veg in the main courses

Great new vegan restaurant in Palma ! Try it! - Edit

After reading the two star review "Vegan blog" here on happycow I wasn´t sure if I should try it out or not.

THANK GOD I DID!

The food was fantastic. Super tasty. The service was great. Carla made sure that everybody was happy and recommend the right things to us.

It was buzzying with people on Friday night - great atmosphere (not as nosy as other spanish places) - good value - to sum it up: I highly recommend that each on of you checks it out him - or herself. ;-)

I certainly learned my lesson - never believe a "bad review" - go and see yourself!

I loved it and I will most definitely go there again!

Pros: Fantastic service, great food! , The smoothies!!!

Cons: not open every night ;-), parking is not always easy

Vegan BIo - Nothing Special - Edit

Compost is a new vegan bio restaurant in Palma that is trying to compete with some other great restaurants. The prices at Compost are pretty high for the quality of dishes and amount that you get. The decoration of the restaurant is rather ordinary and does not have a lot of style. If the restaurant is BIO they should carry the ecological certification stamp - it is expected by most tourists from Germany, France, or Scandinavia.

I would recommend some more creative and unusual dishes instead of ordinary plates.

The smoothies are great - don't change that!

Pros: Smoothies

Cons: High price for what you get, Plain boring dishes

Return to Mallorca Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Compost closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3154 times since Nov 2015.