Community Natural Foods - 61st Ave

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 403-541-0606

202 61st Ave SW, Calgary, Alberta, Canada,

Market with a few outlets; this one has a cafe inside. Stocks a comprehensive selection of organic produce, bulk items, supplement, organic desserts and bakery. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-9:00pm, Sat 9:00am-7:00pm, Sun 10:00am-7:00pm.

First Review by kimward8

Great store, great variety, nice people. - Edit

There's a restaurant inside with a salad bar. Fresh produce. In the cooler section, there's lots of packaged foods from the store and other local vendors. They had many items I like from Toronto. I shopped here several times while in Calgary.

Another great selection in Calgary - Edit

Great little store near the Chinook mall. Tons of fresh organic produce, bread and cakes, frozen treats, a lot of vegan options. I prefer the other location downtown but this one is pretty great also for the same ethical food.

Amazing! - Edit

I couldn't believe it when I walked into this place with my boyfriend. I had previously shopped at Planet Organic and I noticed almost instantly that this place has way more selection, and it's way cheaper. I found so many good snackie things as well as dinners. I also noticed a large cosmetics section and a huge selection of seeds and beans. I found my all-time favourite Daiya cream cheese here!
I also loved how friendly and helpful the staff were. They answered all our questions and even directed us in new directions we didn't think of.
Awesome!

Pros: Good prices, Good staff, Wide selection

Vegan Cupcakes - Edit

They have chocolate, vanilla, and raspberry flavoured vegan cupcakes here. They are not labelled vegan because they don't want to scare non-vegans away from eating them. The cupcakes were pretty good.

Community - Edit

This place is like a home away from home. Its has oodles of knowledgable staff, great groceries, house care products,fair trade products, books, extensive personal care products section, dried herbs, organic flesh for non-vegetarians and a great little cafe.

Pros: Staff is fantastic, selection, produce

Cons: Parking can get crowded

Return to Calgary Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Community Natural Foods - 61st Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 975 times since Aug 2007.