Community Food Co-op - Forest St

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 360-734-8158

1220 N Forest St, Bellingham, Washington, USA, 98225

Cooperative market and deli/cafe. Providing selections fresh produce, vitamins, supplements, bulk staples, chilled and frozen food, personal care products, natural products, and more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-9:00pm.

First Review by suzo

Great selection, and a great coffee counter! - Edit

I love the co-op and do almost all of my grocery shopping there. They have everything a vegan needs, and they have a fantastic selection of organic options as well. Everyone is super friendly and always willing to help out or answer any questions.

As far as I'm aware, their coffee shop is also the only place in Bellingham that doesn't charge extra for nondairy milk, and they also serve 8 oz drinks. I'm very excited to try their smoothies once it gets a little warmer!

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Friendly staff, Great coffee

My Co-Op - Edit

I love going into the Bellingham Co-op on Forest Street. The employees are friendly and knowledgeable. I can also find so many vegan options I love going in just to see what is new. I'm very happy with the co-op.

Pros: friendly staff, good selections

Love this place, keep returning - Edit

Although we live in Vancouver, we visit this place often. It has amazing products not available here: Dave's Killer Bread (not cheap but worth it), Zevia, and sugar-free Blue Sky soda. The deli has wonderful kinds of tofu, our favourites being the sweet chili lime tofu, swan-baked tofu and barbecue tofu. There are three kinds of soup daily, always at least one veg/vegan option, often two or three. The tiramisu is to die for, and they have vegan and gluten-free versions of many desserts. Other favourite items include their squirrel bars, Primal Strips, Stonewall Jerquee, and Newman's organic licorice.

After shopping here for years, we finally joined as members and really should have done so sooner. We always enjoy a trip here and try to visit once every couple of months. Definite "thumbs up".

Pros: Free parking, Fresh deli, great tofu, Very good soups

Cons: Lunch specials not always vegetarian

impressive - Edit

This place has everything and then some, including a view. I thought I had seen some great HF stores before and this place really made me appreciate the effort this place must have been/ must continually be. Well done...

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 05, 2008

Classic Co-op with Good Deli - Edit

One of the best co-ops going. Two locations now in the ever-growing city of Bellingham. Still, both co-ops maintain a clear connection to local farms, offering a wide variety of cold dishes and tofu plates in the delis. Desserts are always to be found as well, usually with a vegan option. Soups and breads too. It's great to be a member and also good for a healthy lunch or snack if you're in the area.

Pros: Good food, It's a co-op!

Heaven - Edit

I haven't visited the N. Forrset location for a while but I frequent the store just off of Bakerview Rd. every week. I LOVE this store! I am not sure that I could survive without it. I honestly can get way more produce and other items while spending less that i did at a conventional grocer.
I haven't tried much of the deli or bakery but i did have the gluten free Vegan chocolate cupcakes for my birthday and they were sinfully delish.
If you have never been you really really need to visit!

Pros: affordable, local, great quality

the largest health food store I have ever seen - Edit

I am from Canada and never in my life have I been to such a large health food store- with take out food to boot! I call this the Costco of health food stores! The selection was outstanding. The deli has very affordable take-out. The tofu plate has two salads and a tofu cutlet for about $5 and it is large enough for two meals. My kids just love it here.

Gotta Love This Place - Edit

I moved away from Bellingham two and a half years ago, but still stop by the Co-op every time I visit. I love their salads, especially the Tempeh Pasta Salad, they have bulk chocolate chips and lots of good snack food. Yesterday I got a two-pound vegan chocolate blackberry cake. I am in heaven!!!

Pros: Lots for vegans, Junk food, Samples

Cons: Cashiers can be grumpy, Sometimes not a lot of vegan pasta salad, Surcharge if not a member

Great place for a meal! - Edit

This is a must if you visit Bellingham! There are many vegan deli options, my favorite being the nori roll (if you like pickled ginger). The bulk section in the store is great, a wide selection of nuts, grains, and dried fruits (they have sprouted almonds!). Produce section is really nice, always have good quality, fresh looking fruits and vegetables. If you happen to have a sweet tooth like me, the viva la brownie are really good, and vegan, also the coconut rice pudding is super- neither are very healthy, but a good treat for special occasions like after a long hike. I should mention also, thanks to the wonderful staff, and a second co-op coming in 2009!

Pros: great deli, friendly staff, bulk section

Cons: can be super crowded

Return to Bellingham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Community Food Co-op - Forest St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1869 times since Aug 2007.