Community Cafe

Contact 727-222-6979

2444 Central Ave, St Petersburg, Florida, USA, 33712

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop offering food from lunch through late night with vegan choices, including a philly cheesesteak made with tofu, grilled onion & peppers, and vegan cheese. Hosts local music and art display. Open Tue-Fri 11:00am-12:00am, Wed-Fri 12:00am-12:00am, Sat-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Sat 9:00am-12:00am, Sun 9:00am-11:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by mjane

Tons of veg options - Edit

The menu is almost entirely vegetarian, with meat as an add-on. Almost everything can be made vegan too. The late night hours are awesome because there's not a lot of veg-friendly options later at night.

Updated from previous review on 2014-07-31

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, cozy vibe

Great little spot for casual dining. - Edit

Very cute,artsy place on Central Ave. We had the Philly Cheezesteaks, which were excellent, with chips & a side of seasoned potatoes ,also great.I would definitely return!

Pros: great food, friendly staff, cute atmosphere

Cons: none

Best Sandwich Around! - Edit

I had the green tomato "vacon" sandwich, and it was the best sandwich I've had in a long time. The vegan bacon is made in-house, and it has a great sweet sauce on it. The sandwich comes with swiss cheese, but you can ask for it without. I liked the vibe of the place overall, and I could see it being a great hangout spot to meet with friends. The prices were very reasonable, especially for restaurants like this. I loved it!

Pros: Delicious Food, Fun environment

Cons: Serving Meat

Must Try! - Edit

Very welcoming, pleasant environment! Everyone was very friendly from the time to we walked in to the time we left. They have many vegan options for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and desserts. Plus a ton of coffee and tea options. They are opened from morning until midnight, so it's a great place to lounge with friends or family and get a bite to eat anytime. We got the vegan zuchhini brownies and they were perfect; along with a vegan mocha and an espresso. All of it was great! Not to dry, not to moist, and not an overwhelming flavor of zuchhini. Definitely a very vegan friendly place.

Pros: Excellent Vegan Food, Great Environment, Great Service

FIVE STARS! - Edit

I would give this place five stars but it won't let me because it's not a veg only place. They have great vegetarian and vegan options. I LOVE their pesto. Let's be honest, I'm OBSESSED. The pesto panini is my all time favorite and I always enjoy their specials!

Love this place! - Edit

This is one of my favorite places in St Pete! The owner is super awesome, the food is fantastic, and all the beer is local! Local art hangs on the wall, with a different theme every month available to buy and take home. Plus, the kitchen is open late. Oh, and did I mention vegan and gluten free cupcakes that are to die for?

I have met so many cool people while having great vegan food, and on occasion even an impromptu game of Cards Against Humanity with friendly strangers!

If you haven't yet, stop by!

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Community Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5759 times since Feb 2014.