Common Sage

415-580-7178

1552 Polk St, San Francisco, California, USA, 94109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Japanese inspired cafe and mini-market. Has 2 types of vegan ramen and a menu of vegan onigiri. Sells tea and snacks.

Categories: Japanese, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by sandybadlands

Few Vegan options, out of everything - Edit

We got here and were super excited to try the “vegan” ramen. Its not vegan, just vegetarian. They use egg noodles. Then we wanted to try some vegan omusubi. They had several options. When we ordered those, they said that the kitchen was overloaded because someone ordered 12, and that they couldnt make them for us. Then we ordered a vanilla latte with almond milk. They were out of vanilla. Then, they made it with regular milk and had to remake it. We left very hungry and disappointed.

Got the job done - Edit

Stopped in here for some vegan ramen and unfortunately they'd run out, so I got some rice balls instead, and my friend got the non-vegan ramen. Neither of us was terribly impressed. But this place has a nice atmosphere and you can buy various Japanese grocery items and beverages from the shop.

Pros: Comfortable atmosphere, No wait, Friendly service

Cons: So-so food

Return to San Francisco Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Common Sage closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.