First Review by EstherDubrovsky

Amazing for a town this size! - Edit

Many larger cities benefit from places like Whole Foods, but what they lack is a local grocer who will order things based on customer request. Because of their willingness to try new products and their remarkable prepared soups, I give this place 5 stars. Go in and stock up on what you need! If you don't find what you're looking, ask in-person or on Facebook if they can get it in. Tell your other vegan and veggie friends to swing by and give it a look. The store has charm, the folks are super-friendly and the prepared soups are so yummy!

Pros: Local, Open to carrying new items, Very vegan and organic friendly

Cons: Somewhat smaller shelf space, but they make the mo

Hidden Gem - Edit

Great place to get meat, cheese, dairy alternatives! Fun vegan snacks! And tons more! Not as much produce but that is understandable. More folks need to come in and check this out! Friendly people too!

Little but has a lot to offer - Edit

This little store really had all of our needs covered. From the vegan margarine and nondairy milk to the snacks and fresh produce, they had a little bit of everything. They even offered bulk spices, nuts and herbs. Their prices were fair considering they are just a little shop in the middle of town. The employees were beyond friendly. When I asked about a new product they said they would try to order it for me if I wanted. I told her that would have been wonderful, except that we don't live anywhere near them and were only visiting :) They no longer have the deli portion, but they did have some grab-n-go items and homemade hummus in the fridge section. If you live near them or are just passing through, I definitely recommend making a quick pit stop in to grab a few essentials.

It's been around a long time - Edit

Upon visiting Common Ground, I noticed a sign that said "since 1977" and I thought that was amazing. They've obviously been doing something right. I did already know it had been around a while, because my parents took me shopping there as a child in the 80s, but I didn't realize it had been that long. They have a great selection of organic and sometimes local produce, and have other local products in the store such as soap, honey and flours. THEY DO NOT CARRY MEAT which makes me very happy. Sometimes they have vegan deli salads, my favorites are the tempeh salad and the tofu 'egg' salad! Sometimes parking downtown can be an issue, but they now have a few spots in the lot right next to the building that say for Common Ground Customers.

Pros: No meat, Independently owned, Decent prices

Cons: Sometimes out of salads, small, closes at 6

Great little place - Edit

Small health food store but they really pack it in! The staff is very friendly and helpful and they are always willing to do special orders for you if they don't carry a product you want. Large selection of bulk items including herbs and spices. They also carry many local items including produce during the summer.

good little place for health food - Edit

Helpful staff and friendly atmosphere. It is smaller than what I am used and a bit more expensive, but they can't get a better price with the volume they order. But I still go regularly for food items you can't get at the normal grocery stores in the area

Return to Bloomington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Common Ground Natural Grocery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1153 times since Aug 2007.