First Review by maynard7

Good basic food in an industrial area - Edit

I never expected to find a vegan restaurant in the middle of a gritty, industrial part of town, but there it was. About a 10 minute walk from the Avenida Mexico Metropolitano station, you walk past block after block of auto parts providers and a few furniture stores.

This restaurant has been here for over 20 years (they recently changed names from Xauxa to the current name, but the same owner). It's a simple place with somewhat simple vegan food. The employee advised me to arrive by 1245pm to get the complete choice of options, and to get a seat. I got there at 200pm, so I didn't get too much to choose from. There are a few seats downstairs, but about 20 tables upstairs, which are all occupied by around 100pm, I was told.

The day I went, there were 3 starters and 3 main plates on the board. There are also a la carte options listed on the board. The meal of the day is either 8 or 9 soles, and the a la carte options are from 10 to 12 soles.

I got the mixed salad, and the wheat gluten with sauteed veggies for my meal. It also comes with a tea drink and a dessert. I found the food to be simple and average, and the temp was only lukewarm. 2 of the 3 main plates that day didn't have much, if any, protein. You do get a lot of food for the money.

This is probably not a dangerous neighborhood during the daytime, as there are so many people walking around. But it's not a pretty neighborhood either as it's a bit gritty and has lots of noise from trucks.

Once was enough for me, but if you happen to be in this neighborhood, you might want to give it a try.

Pros: Brown rice, Good value

Cons: Gritty neighborhood, Lack of protein on some plates

Return to Lima Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Comedor Vegetariano Sabor Supremo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.