Comedor de la Clinica Ana Stahl

252535x321

285 Avenida La Marina, Iquitos, Peru

This is the cafeteria of the Adventist clinic-hospital, which is open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. There are usually 2 meals of the day: a regular vegetarian meal, and a special diet meal which contains no salt or added sugar. Spanish spoken only. Open Mon-Fri 7:30am-8:30pm, 12:30pm-2:00pm, 6:30pm-7:30pm, Sun 12:30pm-2:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Peruvian

First Review by maynard7

Good vegetarian fare in Iquitos - Edit

I was reluctant to add this restaurant to Happy Cow, because for a foreigner it might be a little complicated to eat here, but since the food was good, I decided to go ahead and tell others about it. With a little help from your hotel receptionist, you can get a good meal here. If your Spanish isn't good, have the hotel call in the morning to order your meal, and they can get you a moto-taxi to the clinic.

Before you go to the restaurant, you need to call them and let them know you're coming so they'll make a meal for you. The restaurant is a little far from the main square, so it would be easier to take a little moto-taxi there for about 2 soles. Once you arrive, follow the signs that say "Cafetin".

The regular veggie meal of the day is what you might find at any other veggie restaurant in Peru, and the special diet menu doesn't have much added to it... I think it was vegan. My friend had the regular meal and I had the special diet meal... I think the regular one was better. The special diet meal had a mixed salad with dressing on the side, pasta with green sauce, plus some quinoa soup, an apple, and unsweetened fruit juice. They are open for breakfast lunch and dinner. I have rated it as 4 cows (as it has the best vegetarian food in Iquitos, in my humble opinion). I just wish they had more vegetables on the plate, such as broccoli, carrots, celery, etc. Meals in Peru tend to be carb-heavy.

Updated from previous review on Monday January 02, 2012

Pros: Flavors good, Good variety on the plate, Price

Cons: A little far from the center, Complicated the first time

Return to Iquitos Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Comedor de la Clinica Ana Stahl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.