Com Pinta

Calçada da Baleia 7A, Ericeira, Portugal, 2655-238

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burgers, pizza, and Portugese cuisine. Has a vegetable burger with sauteed mushrooms, grilled zucchini, crispy onions, and arugula.

Categories: Lacto, Pizza, European, Portugese, Non-veg

First Review by vegandrey

Fraco - Edit

27/12/2015
Restaurante com bom espaço. A opção de hambúrguer vegano é muito saborosa, levemente picante. A maionese não é vegana. Não comi no local, pedi take away. O preço é um pouco acima da média comparado com outras hamburguerias artesanais.

15/12/2017
Definitivamente a qualidade caiu e achei o hamburguer sem sabor.

Updated from previous review on 2018-02-05

Cons: Custo alto para a baixa qualidade do hamburguer ve

Worth a visit for breaded olives!! - Edit

Vegan options are not great but we asked for some modifications and they've been very kind to do all their best and serve us something adequate for our diet.
They recognize that we didn't have so much food after the burger so they brought us more olives.
Very friendly stuff and I'm sure they will get more vegan options soon!

Pros: Nice stuff

Least vegan friendly restaurant I've ever visited. - Edit

I went to Com Pinta for lunch today after asking the server if they had any vegan options and he told me they had one vegan burger.
After I sat down, and began to order, I was told - only because I remembered asking - that the fries and bun weren't suitable for vegans. He also told me they couldn't provide me with any vegan side dishes (not even the rice was free from animal products).
I asked for the burger anyway because everyone was quite hungry and there weren't any other restaurants in the area that served vegan food.
I absolutely hated the burger, it was a bland burger shaped blob of lukewarm vegetables compacted together. To me it tasted like warm salad.
I was extremely disappointed and after I got home, wrote the restaurant so they'd get some feedback from someone who's vegan. Their reply was rather arrogant and rude as they basically told me that next time I should just go to a vegan restaurant if I wanted to have a "super-pleasant" experience.
Hadn't I asked if the fries were vegan, I would have eaten fries fried in animal fat, which unfortunately is what probably happened with other people who wrote reviews about this restaurant.
Why would anyone use animal fat to fry potatoes?
Why do they need animal products to cook rice?
Portugal is not the most vegan friendly country in the world, but in most restaurants the staff will find you something to eat. I'm sad to say this is the worst experience I've ever had in a restaurant ever.

Pros: The orange juice was nice.

Cons: The side dishes of the vegan burger weren't vegan, Only have one vegan option and it was horrible, Serve non-vegan food to vegans

Nice but just one vegan option - Edit

The vegan burger was great, quite original. Staff were friendly and well informed (warning us that the burger bun that day wasn't guaranteed to be vegan). I wish I could give 3.5 as it's obviously great that they have a vegan option.

Pros: Nice, original burger, Friendly staff

Cons: Just one vegan option

Pigeon 15 Aug 2016 - I found out today that none of the side dishes are actually suitable for vegans. The only side dish they have that is suitable for vegans is salad.

Return to Ericeira Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Com Pinta closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.