Com Chay

n/a

27 Quoc Lo 13, Chon Thanh, Vietnam

Com chay means veg food. Outside eatery run by an old lady in her yard. No fixed menu, just depends on the day. Possible dishes are bun and pho noodles. Soy milk drink available.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Vietnamese

First Review by mfalgas

Friendly, popular place - Edit

I found this place while passing by. The restaurant has no number and no name either, the only sign says "com chay" (Vegan food, in Vietnamese). The place is run by an old woman and i tlooks like it´s in her own yard. It seems to be quite a popular place, full of locals who come here at any time of the day for Vegan food. It has a small stall outside for take-away food. There is no menu and I don´t think she speaks any English, but when I was there, she gave me the option of having "bún" (rice noodles) in a soup or on a dish (dry). I went for the rice noodle soup. My bowl had some mushrooms, some sort of triangle dumpling, onion, lots of species, bits of fried tofu and boiled radish. It was very good. While I was there, the owner was making some spring rolls with "rice paper". It was very interesting. She was very friendly. She asked me if I wanted to drink some soy milk and I said yes. Two bowls of rice noodles and two glasses of soy milk were 40.000 VND. That´s very, very cheap.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-17

Pros: Friendly owner, Tasty food, Very cheap

Return to Chon Thanh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Com Chay closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.