1 Review

First Review by Starvin Marvin

The Artist of Artisan Ice Creams and Sorbets - Edit

The best ice cream that I have ever tasted (Home made, artisan or commercial)! I have tasted all of the artisan ice creams producers in the Cape Town area but nobody comes close to this.
All the natural ingredients is excellent for the body and soul and left me with the biggest smile of pure joy.
I judge an ice cream producer on their vanilla flavour and all that I can say is that Cold Gold has the best vanilla flavour ice cream that I have ever tasted.
I don't know how the producer gets her texture so smooth but it is just amazing, like silk and not one bit grainy.
The flavours have a way of relieving themselves one by one and then fuse together again for a taste sensation that you will not forget or regret and leaves you wanting more!
She has an amazing menu, so many interesting flavours. I ended up getting myself 3 different "tubs of gold" in order to test this producer. I was sceptical about the pear and drunken pecorino flavour at first but wow, what a delicious adventure for my taste buds!
Cold Gold is a true pioneer in the creation of different flavours and a leader in the industry, the others can just follow or try to copy but I reckon they won't get it right.
Thanks to Cold Gold, I refuse to eat any of the mass produced/commercial ice creams, I am only settling for the best as from now on and the best is Cold Gold!
Cold Gold really puts the art in artisan!

Pros: Healthy, Excellent texture, Amazingly flavourful

Cons: None to speak of

Return to Western Cape Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cold Gold closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.