First Review by anarchistanimal

Totally worth the price - Edit

Frida must be one of the best vegetarian/vegan restaurants I've been so far in Saint-Petersburg. Just a few minute walk from metros station Chernecheskaya makes is it easy to access and find. Interior is cozy and the sweet smell of chicha makes the restaurant relaxing. The service was quick and friendly. I ordered in Russian so I dont know how the staff speaks English. Nevertheless menus are both in Russian and English and good pictures makes it easy to choose from. Menu is wide: there is vegeterian versions of traditional Russian Georgian and Mexican cuisine and some Indian. As I have a gluten-free diet as well I found it quite easy to find something to eat even though the staff didn't understand what gluten-free means. I chose Mexican to honour the name of the place and it wasn't a bad choise at all. The size of the portion was quite big compared to what they usually are in Russia. And it was amazing when the the meal was served because it was flamed with Absinthe in front of my eyes. Service was friendly and nice throughout the stay there. The restaurant was not so crowded. Not really the cheapest one but totally worth the price.

Pros: Interior and athmosphere, Wide menu, Food tastes amazing

Cons: Not the cheapest one

tasty but no vegan desert and slowly service - Edit

Very beautiful restaurant with warm colors and comfortable chairs. The food is very tasty, really. The waitress is very kind and speaks english. The music is interesting, fado, world music and we can drink wine, important to french people…
The problem is that we waited for 45 minutes between each dish. The menu in english is not updated. Many dishes were not availaible. We ordered a 500g vegan kebab but we received a 200g dish. We had to order a second dish to eat enough. No vegan desert. The prices are too expensive due to all those problems.

Très beau restaurant aux tons chauds et fauteuils confortables. La nourriture est savoureuse. La serveuse est très gentille et parle anglais. La musique est intéressante, fado, world music. L'établissement sert alcool et vin, ce qui est important pour les français...
Le problème est que nous avons attendu 45 minutes après la commande et entre chaque plat. La carte en anglais n'est pas à jour, la plupart des plats n'existaient plus. Nous avons commandé un Kébab vegan de 500g et on nous a servi un plat de 200g. Nous avons dû commander un deuxième plat pour manger suffisamment. PAS DE DESSERT VEGAN. Les prix sont trop chers en regard de tous ces désagréments.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Kind waitress, Very tasty food

Cons: Very expensive/Too small portions, Slowly service, No vegan desert

Pricey but great food and bohemian style - Edit

A charming restaurant with bohemian-style decor - colourful paintings, stained glass, comfy chairs, and interesting ornaments abound. Hints of aromatic incense and hookah smoke hang in the air. It's the sort of place you can hang out in for hours. The menu is extensive, with dishes from around the world, and plenty of vegan and gluten-free options. There's no English on the menu, but there are pictures, and the workers spoke English and helped me choose. I had two Japanese-style dishes: miso soup (with veggies and tofu) followed by tofu steak with rice and seaweed salad. They also served me real genmaicha tea. Everything was delicious, fresh and authentic. But the price was very high compared to other vegetarian places in town: 790 roubles. I guess the other places I've been were counter-service, with food already prepared, unlike Frida. And I did have two courses plus tea. But it seemed a bit much to pay about 3 times what I've been paying!

Pros: Large menu, Authentic tastes, Atmosphere

Cons: Expensive

Return to St Petersburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coffeehouse Frida closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1383 times since Dec 2012.