Coffee Fellows

Hachmannplatz 16, Hamburg, Germany, 20099

Serves meat, vegan options available. German coffee bar franchise, this outlet is by Hamburg HBF. Marks the vegan items. Vegans could get the avocado bagel or the grilled vegetables bagel. Has soymilk for coffee. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-9:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, German, Non-veg

First Review by LisaCupcake

beware - Edit

I went to coffee fellows many times but unfortunately the staff is really untrained and doesn't really listen.
there's one staff member that got my orders wrong every single time I went there.

they mark their avocado bagel as vegan but since they often run out of the vegan bagels (I mean the bread) they don't really care and will most likely don't tell you that the vegan bagels are not available at the moment.

one time the guy making my bagel didn't wrap it in paper but just threw it into the paper bag so that my bagel fell apart, on another occasion they didn't put the seasoning on the bagel until I asked them to cause I know that it's part of making the bagel.

had an especially bad experience once where they gave me the avocado bagel on a cheese oregano bread and I didnt notice until I had finished half of it...

their flavoured coffee is way too sweet and the cappuccinos aren't that good either.

I don't buy anything here anymore and would advise you to not support this lousy business either :/

Pros: -

Cons: bad service, untrained staff, don't take vegans seriously

Simple and delicious - Edit

Very nice little cafe. Friendly waiters and good food for both omnis and vegans. The only vegan item was the avocado bagel, and no alternative was needed, because it was good. Not the biggest portions, so perfect for lunch.

Pros: Tasted very good , Low price , Great atmosphere

Cons: Only one option

Vegan options at the train station - Edit

Thanks to Happy Cow, I didn't have to waste time searching for vegan options among the many, many food stands in the Hamburg train station. Coffee Fellows is also larger than most of those places, with ample table space and electrical outlets for people wanting to work on a laptop (like me, in this case).

The geographical location listed for this place is a bit misleading as it is in the train station building itself (not next to the building as shown on the map), but the only entrance to it is from outside the station.

The avocado bagel was pretty decent, and there was soymilk for coffee, which was enough to make me quite happy.

Pros: convenient for travelers, spacious, soymilk for coffee

Cons: more vegan options would be nice

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coffee Fellows closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.