Coffee Fellows - Hauptbahnhof

n/a

inside Haupfbanhof at Markthalle, Frankfurt, Germany, 60329

Serves meat, vegan options available. Franchise coffee bar, this one is at the central station. Offers bagels, bread, breakfast, and has soymilk for coffee. Marks the vegan items. Free Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Take-out, German, Non-veg

First Review by Tank242

Terrible coffee and no vegan pastries - Edit

I saw this coffee franchise listed quite a few times on happycow so I thought it must really be something special. Much to my dismay, I didn't enjoy the coffee at all. Sure they serve soy milk and almond milk, but most bigger places do so nowadays, and the selection of vegan sandwiches wasn't big at all, nor were there any vegan pastries.

Another reviewer here said that at least Coffee Fellows is better than Starbucks. I don't know if I agree (although I don't think you should spend your money there either), because it seems all the same to me. I'm sure there are other places in Frankfurt where they serve excellent coffee and have at least one vegan food option to choose from. Regardless, I'd suggest checking out one of the many third wave coffee places where they know how to make a good coffee (with soy milk).

Vegan bagel - Edit

I had the vegan bagel sandwich while waiting to get my next connection and it was really nice. Of course it's not a Montreal or NYC bagel, but what they have is fine for sandwich purposes. The also have soy milk for the lattes.

Pros: A few vegan options

WBTS* + located in the MARKTHALLE! - Edit

First of all, you should consider what kind of company you want to throw your hard earned euros at. Especially when it comes to overprized coffee products.
Speaking of, Coffee Fellows is on the price worthier side - slightly cheaper than the global rival.
Speaking of, imhb one should also consider the regional aspects, the ethical standards and integrity of companies.
Coffee fellows is a german based franchise company with 36 stores open. I prefer that to multinationals whith questionable company culture and even more a very questionable integrity eg when it comes to tax their profits in the country they were made.
Just my brief 2 cents and part of the reason why I do prefer CF or single stores to big multis.

The coffee has a decent/adequate quality, price for a large(st) cappuccino is 4 Euros plain.
Besides the usual unhappy cow milk variants they offer soy for the same price; unfortunately not other plant milks.

The main difference to other coffee dealers is their emphasis on breakfast and the openly declaration of vegan and vegetarian dishes. Although vegans still come a little bit short speaking of variety (3 vegan products), the first step is done.

Personally, I will give them a go and am happy have that option to provide me with enough good coffee for long train rides.

Updated from previous review on 2015-06-01

Pros: Moderate price, centrally located -foodcourt

Cons: few vegan options, not organic

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coffee Fellows - Hauptbahnhof closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.