CLOSED: Coexistence Vegan Cafe

Contact 070-82015999

267-2 Dapsimni-dong, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul, South Korea,

Serves ice cream, juices, coffee, dinner, lunch, and snacks. Adjacent to an animal rescue center. Every meal you purchase helps an animal in need. Confirmed closed at this location, but may re-open elsewhere - please let HappyCow know, Jan 2016. Tue-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan, Western, Take-out, Korean

First Review by veggieisland

I wouldn't recommend this place. - Edit

I came here because I'm all about supporting the animals but I wasn't impressed. The staff wasn't the friendliest including the English speaking foreign guy working there. I was the ONLY customer when I arrived and they ignored me but they did greet Korean guest who came in later. I ordered the Veggie Burger & Fries, it wasn't the greatest because the consistency of the burger was extremely mushy and some of my fries were raw in the center. The patty would work better as maybe a meatloaf. I don't plan on coming here again, I'll have to make donations directly to animal organizations here in Korea. In a nutshell I was not impressed :(
Updated from previous review on Friday March 27, 2015

Pros: Supports a good cause

Cons: Staff is not very friendly, Pricey , Food wasn't very good

Really friendly staff and a very relaxing cafe - Edit

I unfortunately didn't have the opportunity to eat here since I'd arrived after the kitchen closed, but the latte I was able to get was great. The staff was super friendly and I hope to come back soon! It is worth mentioning that their lunch hours are from 11:30-15:30, and their dinner hours are from 16:30-20:30.

Regular Spot - Edit

This is the first all vegan place I found in Seoul. It's a sort of cafe- lots of drinks and inexpensive small meals. I'm pretty sure the place is run by some Loving Hut folks because they use the same sort of mock meats and simple dishes. But it's good. I dig the burger (it has pineapple on it, yum) and the basil olive pasta. I also like the fresh grape juice as well as the vanilla latte. Highly recommend.
Wish it was closer to Dapsimni station. I would go here way more often if it was.

Pros: Inexpensive, English menu

Cons: No side items, Quite a walk from the subway.

Love it here - Edit

I've been here several times & have tried several dishes. Their Tteokbokki is by far one of my favorite dishes but the ramen & veggie burger is really good too.

A lot of their food is spicy and it seems like, depending on the day, some items are spicier than normal. I've ordered the same dish everytime I've gone and the level of hotness is always different. If you don't like super spicy foods--let the person taking your order know.

They have a written English menu (just ask for it), sweets & a little shop with trinkets, food, and personal hygiene items.

They have three different seating areas and it's 100% pet-friendly.

Added bonus: they serve takeout.

Pros: Animal Rescue Profit, 100% Vegan, PET FRIENDLY

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Coexistence Vegan Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3282 times since Jul 2014.