Cocum

Contact 01223-312569

71 Castle St, Cambridge, England, CB3 0AH

Serves meat, vegan options available. A Keralan restaurant with several vegetarian options (marked on menu), some of which are also vegan (not marked on menu - please ask staff). Vegan items include masala dosa and some of the vegetable curries. Card payments accepted if over £10.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Indian, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Hugh02

Great Masala Dosa - Edit

I went to this place twice.
First time, I tried masala dosa, which was very good.
Second time, I tried Aloo Gobi, which was so so.

I would return there for masala dosa, but only for take away, as some of their waiters are rude, and not knowledgeable. Their menu is not clear on what is vegan and not, so you have to make sure asking if there is any dairy or Ghee.

Pros: Reasonable price, Good Masala Dosa, Flexible to make some dish vegan

Cons: Rude waiters, Does not feel quite clean

Great menu, tasty food - Edit

Only tried the masala dosa and mango paleshwar (?) so far, but they were both great.

Also super impressed by the menu, which goes far beyond what the average curry house normally has.

Only downside is that it's not 100% veggie or vegan or they could have got 5 stars.

Pros: masala dosa

Fabulous Food, Relaxed Atmosphere - Edit

We are lucky that we live just 10 minutes from this restaurant and eat here on a regular basis – probably 50 times since it opened. There are two other India restaurants close by, both of which we have eaten in, so it says something that this is the one we now always aim for. They cater very well for vegetarians, which we are, having a separate section on the menu, and have a fair range for vegans. The food is inexpensive, plentiful and very tasty – what else would you want? Because it is good, it is also popular so I suggest booking if you want to eat there Friday or Saturday evenings.

Pros: Great food, Good price

Cons: Need to book on Friday & Saturday

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cocum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2450 times since Nov 2012.