Coco's Cantina

09-3007582

376 Karangahape Rd, Auckland, New Zealand

Serves meat, vegan options available. A no nonsense family run restaurant serving simple Italian food. Has been reported that there is a separate vegan menu with an abundance of choices. (Please note that, as of October 2016, the vegan menu is not on the website.) Open Mon-Sat 5:00pm-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Italian, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by LittleDoelita

Buzzy, friendly and fabulous food - Edit

The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. It was busy (Friday night).
We were seated quickly (hadn't booked) and attended to efficiently.
Our meals were excellent. My vegan silverbeet pasta was so very tasty. I highly recommend the meal.
The food came out quickly and the staff were attentive.
A fun place and great atmosphere.
Well done Coco's

Pros: great food - vegan options, reasonable prices, fun, relaxed dining

Overpriced and disinterested rude service - Edit

1.0 star rating 5/5/2017
It took ages for the waitress to take our order and we got there at 5pm. The manager/owner however, when asked, was quick and helped us out with ordering tapas. The mains, when they came were nice (except the beef which was very fatty) . The waitress, Rebecca, was pretty sullen all night and didn't seem to know how to respond to a complaint about the meat. Then when she sold us two desserts based on telling us it was cheesecake and a feijoa tart came it seemed too much to expect a little apology. She merely said "They changed the flavour" When I asked to speak to a manager ... the manager seemed disinterested as well. When I mentioned the issue to the man Petaia Unoi, (who ironically was reviewed by Metro wearing a BE KINd t-shirt ) taking the money (quite a bit, as 7 of us ate) ie I asked for the manager or owner's card- I was told there was none. Seems to me Coco's Cantina is not interested in feedback or in taking care of their customers. THey overcharged us (an extra bottle of sangria ) again no apology. EVerything was fine until there was a whiff of a possible complaint about anything (fatty beef/ missold dessert/ mis billed alcohol) and then the response was aggressive rather than conciliatory. I would not go again . All it would have taken was a small amount of attention to customer satisfaction. I don't think that is a concern with Coco's Cantina. $420 is not enough to spend to earn any respect. Not sure how much would be necessary but I suspect no amount would do it. The service is cynical. I won't be going again. In fact Petaia Unoi who hadn't even bothered to ask what the problem was, was the most aggressive. He is not a kind man, but rather an aggressive ignorant bully who obviously is happy to dish it up and the customer must like it or lump it. This was my daughter's 21st. My 82 year old father was there. We worked hard to be friendly patient and kind and were met with cynical disrespect. My 21 year old asked me what I expected from K Road and as an old socialist I told her honesty. This is not an honest restaurant. It is a "like it or lump it" affair, overpriced and if questioned aggressive.

Pros: the food was ok

Cons: meagre overpriced , tired bored slow service, aggressive when questionned

Mind Blowing - Edit

Went there a couple of weeks ago after calling an having found out that they have a separate vegan menu.

Had a pasta that was absolutely amazing but was too stuffed to try any of the deserts!

Highly recommend going if you're up for yummy italian food!

Pros: Extensive vegan menu, great service

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coco's Cantina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.