Coco Box

Serves meat, vegan options available. Farm shop, juice bar, and cafe offering cold pressed juices, blended juices, smoothies, coffee, tea, pastries, and sandwiches. Has soy, almond, and coconut milk for drinks. Sells Saigon Cider. Atmosphere is that of a coffee shop with a few tables, a booth with a couch, high top cafe counter, and it opens to the street. Free Wi-Fi. Owner speaks English and Vietnamese. Prices consider high by local standards. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Hatchmatch

Tasty sandwich - Edit

We have been here 3 times since being in Hoi An and the smoothies are delicious. I had the beetroot and walnut sandwich today which was really good and sooooo garlicky ;)

Pros: Good food, Lovely smoothies

Cons: Limited menu , A bit pricey for Vietnam stAndards

tasty sandwich - Edit

They have quite a few locations in Hoi an, but I went to the one indicated on happy cow as it was close to my home stay. I had a tofu sandwich. Quite tasty. And they have wholegrain bread! Nice relaxed atmosphere.

awesome smoothies, pastries are NOT vegan - Edit

I got one of the smoothies with coconut milk. Make sure you say no honey. They said the pastries didn't have egg or milk but they have been cooked with butter (NOT VEGAN) maybe stick to the options that are labelled as vegan, tofu dish and Beetroot dish.

Coffee and a couple of vegan things only - Edit

We came here be aye it was the only place in Hoi An I'm aware of that had both fair trade coffee and soy milk. However, when I mentioned the vegan pain au chocolat the first time, the staff seemed to have no idea what I was talking about, saying it had egg and milk in it. The next time I asked again and it was confirmed as vegan. There are a couple of vegan smoothies on the menu, and my An Bang Colada was not bad. There's also two vegan sandwiches, but the tofu one I tried was less than remarkable. A couple of coffees, a smoothie, my sandwich and my companion's non-vegan cake later, we parted with over VND300K.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-01

Pros: Fair trade coffee, Soy milk available, Vegan pain au chocolat

Cons: Expensive, Not really a great deal on offer for vegans

great food! - Edit

Really nice vegan sandwiches and smoothies. Also 4 vegan pastry options! Pain au chocolat is delicious

Great place for drinks, dessert, souvenirs - Edit

This place is wonderful. Their drinks are all very good, and I think some of their baked goods might be vegan. They also sell a variety of cooking ingredients and toiletries, most of which are vegan!

I would recommend popping in here just to check out what they are selling.

i really liked this place - great juices - Edit

I wen to this place 3 times in 24 hours! Nice atmosphere and staff. I just had juices as there weren't any cakes that were vegan and then food menu was quite small. But lots of great, tasty juice combinations and ice tea, etc.
So good I want to go back tomorrow before I leave town!

Pros: great vegan juices

Cons: no vegan cakes, juices cost around 60.000 vnd (but i thought it wa

Return to Hoi An Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coco Box closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.