CocinArte

Contact 505-8854-6928

across from El Laborio church (at west of Avenida 3 Poniente), Leon, Nicaragua,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A restaurant in a colonial house with a patio. Offers a menu of Nicaraguan and international foods with salad, vegetables, tofu dishes, fresh juices and coffee. Previously all-vegetarian reported added meat (Mar 2015). Open Mon 12:00pm-10:00pm, Wed-Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm. Kitchen closes at 9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Nicaraguan, Non-veg

First Review by MartinInCharleston

good lunch - different dishes - Edit

plato della casa was huge and delicios. 10 dollar more expensive then other locations but it was worth it a hotstone plate with veggies broccoli, peppers onion and soymeat with corn tortilla salad and salsas. fruitjuices indian dishes a great choice. the location is rustical.

Pros: the huge difference, friendly staff, serves fake meat

Wonderful Lunch - Edit

I was on a one day, cathedral visit to Leon. The restaurant was very easy to find and was across the street from one of the cathedrals on my list. The atmosphere was very relaxing and calming after spending a very hot and dusty day outside. The menu was large and easy to read and understand. The owner made me a Fresh Frozen Lemonade Drink and it was so delicious.
I really enjoyed my lunch and was so full I could not finish my whole meal. I highly recommend the CocinArte.

Pros: Friendly staff, Great Food, Good Pricing

Great typical dish! - Edit

It was easier to find than expected. We got a map from the hostel where the restaurant was pinpointed. It's about a 10 to 15 min walk from the center.

I had a hard time choosing because they offer so many good things (: At the end I went for a typical nicaraguan dish (indio viejo), but veg style with tofu. I liked that they offer some typical dishes.

Food was good, price ok.

They lose a star because they say to be a vegetarian restaurant but do offer some non-vegetarian dishes with chicken.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday March 04, 2015

Pros: offer typical dishes , many vegan options

Cons: non-vegeterian dishes

They Care About Food - Edit

This maybe the only veg restaurant in town and was recommended by the nice people at Hostel Tortuga Booluda. The Dutch manager Kris was great, she truly loves food, we talked about ingredients for awhile like that crispy onion garlic topic on her favorite dish, Bami Mani. It's a hearty Indonesian plate of noodles and cabbage, highlighted by a spicy peanut sauce. Kris was helpful with travel tips and also tipped me off to Cafetin Don Jack's for some veg options, run by a Canadian who was a partner at CocinArte before, a great recommendation. Prices are mid-ranged (180-200 Cordoba mains). The restaurant is quiet, set off from the main square but not hard to find. It gets very busy at dinner, so don't be in a rush as their menu is complex.

Pros: Nice atmosphere, Good portions, Love for food

Cons: Gets slammed at dinner

Great Place - Edit

We ate several times at this restaurant. The food is prepared fresh, very tasty and the servings are huge. The setting is very quaint with wooden tables and an indoor/outdoor patio with a garden. Highly recommended.

Pros: Fresh food, Nice Setting, Large Portions

Cons: A little far from Center of town.

Return to Leon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CocinArte closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.