Cocina Clandestina

Serves meat, vegan options available. As of June 2016, one of the few places that offer vegan choices. Several dishes are or can be made vegan, including tacos, yam & lentil cakes, fried cauliflower, green beans with almonds and even a vegan carnitas. Located inside the Mariposa Hotel. Has a large craft beer selection. The outside seating is overlooking the jungle.

Category: International, Western, Non-veg

First Review by Valencia82

Amazing meal at the butterfly garden - Edit

This restaurant is located at the butterfly garden. It was up the hill from the town of Montezuma and well worth the walk.

We sat on the deck overlooking the greenery.

Vegetarian items are clearly marked on the menu. We ordered the chips and salsa which was amazing. We also had the yam and lentil cakes which I would highly recommend. The chili lime corn was great but a bit too spicy for us.

My son had their homemade passion fruit soda which he said was the best thing ever. I loved their passionfruit juice.

The total came to around $30 US.

I highly recommend you take a tour of the butterfly garden while there. The woman leading the tour is very passionate about her job and we learned a lot.

Pros: Gorgeous location, Friendly service, Veg items marked on menu

Return to Montezuma Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cocina Clandestina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.