Get the HappyCow App

HappyCow mobile application
The App Stores #1 vegetarian and vegan restaurant guide
Thousand of listings across the globe
Featured on CNN, NY Times, and Wall Street Journal
Download the app

© HappyCow 2018

Cocina 214

386-456-3168

451 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, Florida, USA, 32118

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tex-Mex Mexican food. Menu has specifically marked vegetarian and vegan items. The vegan options are veggie tacos and two salads. Open Mon-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by madoublethew

VeggMom

Contributions +16

25 Jul 2018

Yummy! - Edit

Upon arriving in Daytona, I could tell they might not have a lot of restaurants with vegan options besides French fries and garden salads. When I came across the previous review, I had to check this place out. Bonus- only 3 mins from our hotel! I got the clearly marked Vegan veggie tacos. They were bgger than I thought they’d be, and so delicious! I’m already wanting more. There was some kind of mushroom mixture on the bottom, w a citrus vinaigrette, and cabbage and avocado. So good! We chose to eat outside, and our 4 year old loved playing in the sand and with the bean bags. Oh! And their spicy salsa is amazing!

Pros: Yummy food and margaritas, Clearly marked vegan, Fun atmosphere outside

Cons: Kinda pricy

madoublethew

Contributions +94

09 Mar 2018

Nice surprise - Edit

We drove by this place on our way to our hotel in Daytona Beach Shores, and I looked it up online when we got there. I was pleased to see the menu was so specific about veg*n options, so we went for dinner. The chips and salsa were endless and tasty. I enquired about the guacamole not being listed as vegan, and the server went and checked with the kitchen, who said it was. So we had that, too.
Our server was vegetarian, and she suggested the veggie tacos were some of the best she’d ever had. I am inclined to agree. They had a nice contrast of fillings, and you got the sense they were designed as vegan from the start, rather than made vegan by omission of ingredients like cheese. I would happily have them again.
It didn’t seem like there were any vegan desserts, but I didn’t mind. After so many chips, I didn’t need anything more.

Pros: Good menu identification, Yummy food

Cons: Serves meat (alas), No vegan desserts

Return to Daytona Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cocina 214 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.