Cobbles and Clay - The Art Cafe

+44-1535-958961

60 Main St, Haworth, England, BD22 8DP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Pottery cafe with several vegan choices and other meals that can be made vegan. All meals or drinks that use milk can be ordered using soy milk instead. Also offers vegan cakes and shakes. Not many meat dishes on the menu, so mostly vegetarian and vegan. Takes party bookings. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by Pamina

Serves Frozen Avocado!! - Edit

This was my second visit and unfortunately my last to Cobbles and Clay. I ordered Avocado on toast with no feta cheese. What arrived was, barely toasted toast... Mashed up Frozen Avocado a slab of dairy butter complete with mucky finger print and a smidgen of salad no dressing... I tucked right in slathering Avocado on toast I did notice the Avo to be a little wetter than usual not the creamy Avo that one would expect. It didn't smell fresh infact it didn't smell of very much except a slight plastic smell which now knowing it was frozen Avo it will be the packaging I could smell/taste!! I added salt and pepper as you do because initially I thought surely it's just me but nothing seem to help flavour this particular Avocado.. After not being asked how my food was I politely called one of the ladies over who seems to ignore me upon me first trying to get her attention.. she came across disinterested and keen to not listen to what I had to say but instead assumed I would want something else of the menu!! I couldn't quite believe it when she told me that the Avocado was frozen!! £6.95 for defrosted Avo on toast I wouldn't of ordered had I of known. As I'm sure many will feel the same. It turned out according to the waitress who I spoke to while paying for my Earl Grey that this lady who had shown no interest in listening to what I had to say is the owner/manager of the cafe!!!
I really hope that you do see this review I'm sure you will as I will also share elsewhere as the way you made me feel wasn't fair and really please consider giving up the frozen Avo in replace of fresh Avocado - quit the excuses which you shared with me. If you wouldn't eat it yourself don't be serving it.

Pros: Pretty Cafe , One or two vegan desserts

Cons: Frozen Avocado , Barely any vegan food , Customer service & listening skills need improving

amazing cosy cafe - Edit

a beautiful cafe with lovely staff and food to go with it! soya coffees available for vegans/lactose intolerant, vegan choices for deserts and even a few vegan options on the menu! everything is labelled so you know what you can and can't have. the pottery painting is really fun too!

Pros: yummy food, happy staff, lovely cafe

Great vegan options in a small village - Edit

I came to Haworth to see where the Bronte sisters lived and didn't really expect to find good vegan food, so I was totally surprised to find such a nice place as Cobbles and Clay. And of course on my second visit to Haworth, I went there again!
Unfortunately this is not a 100% vegetarian or vegan place and there are some meat dishes on the menu, but really not a lot of them. Most meals are vegetarian and can easily be made vegan if you ask for it. I had a tasty falafel meal for lunch and returned for a banana shake in the afternoon. All shakes and other dairy meals or drinks can be done with soy milk.
The atmosphere in the cafe is very friendly and relaxed, as this is an art cafe where you can paint your own pottery, so it is also very colourful. Staff are very friendly and happy to answer your questions.
I think it was lovely to find such a veg*n-friendly eatery in a rural place like this where it is often difficult to find healthy and tasty food, so I highly recommend this cafe if you happen to be a Bronte-fan and come to Haworth.

Pros: Affordable prices, A lot of vegan options, Very friendly place

Cons: Some meals need to be adapted

Return to Haworth Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cobbles and Clay - The Art Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.