Coast Bar + Bistro

( 1 review )
207-373-1824

10 Water St, Brunswick, Maine, USA, 04011

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bistro at The Daniel Hotel serving lunch and dinner. Marked vegan menu options include kale chips and marinated olives, squash quinoa chili, Asian kale and farro, cilantro lime sweet potato bowl. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-9:00pm, Thu-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Sarah P

quality choices - Edit

My mom researched The Daniel for a visit together and discovered that the Bistro serves labeled vegan options throughout the menu. My husband and I visited last night, and in talking with staff found out that the vegan options were designed intentionally to be interesting, satisfying, and artful for presentation. The staff were really awesome. We had the kale chips and olives for appetizers, which were both delicious. The bowl of kale chips is huge, it must hold a whole bunch of kale, and only cost $4. I ordered the sweet potato quinoa bowl, which was gorgeous, hearty, and tasty. I couldn't finish dinner after all the kale and olives, so we had leftovers. We also ordered more kale to go with the vegan chili for lunch the next day. My husband was very happy with his fish selections. Vegan and non-vegan meals are prepared side by side, but the kitchen is happy to prepare your meal separately- just let them know.

The dining room was casual and very enjoyable for a laid back dining experience in an inn atmosphere. There were lots of tvs in the bar and lounge area, but there is seating in the dining area that is completely shielded from the bar. You can choose which experience you prefer!

Pros: beautifully prepared and presented meals, hearty, wholesome vegan options, choose dining or bar experience

Cons: no vegan desserts

Return to Brunswick Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Coast Bar + Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.