First Review by viennagirl

Expensive and so much jelly - Edit

Tidy restaurant on the 8th floor. The buffet now costs 168,000 - almost double what I'm used to paying. Some of the food was great - like the lemongrass and chili gluten - but a lot was very strange (to me).

Must do buffet!!! - Edit

Best buffet ever, 95% of the food is vegan and there's a huge selection!!! Cost of 126,000 VND and i'd happily pay twice that amount!!
Cannot recommend highly enough, just check which day it's open because it runs according to the lunar calendar!

Pros: so much vegan food, value for money, high quality food

Cons: hard to know what days it's open

Amazing - Edit

When we arrived the restaurant was still closed but the staff was so helpful and agree to serve us 1 h before opening! Amazing food with special highlight for the salad and fried rice!
We were offered a good fortune new year present too! Highly recommended to all veggie travellers!

Co Noi, Ho Chi Minh City - Edit

I tried this place this evening. Its a buffet set up with a big choice. I was charged 149 000 dong (pay in advance). Since its each as much as you like you can get really value for your dong if you're the type who really likes to fill up.

There's a ton of choice. Salad, sushi, soups, stuff from hot trays... the list goes (take a look at the pics). One pic I forgot to take was maybe the best thing there - this dish of okra, aubergine and tofu in a coconut cream sauce.

According to the waiter who spoke not too bad English (as per the waitress, the both spoke infinitely better English than my bumbling half a dozen words of Viet), the only thing made with egg or milk is the mayonnaise type stuff on the salad table.

This place is on a pretty busy road. Its only skipping distance from where I'm staying tonight so thought it was super easy to find. The map marker on the happycow app will get you there easily enough.

Pros: Very vegan friendly, Smiley and helpful staff, Pretty good value for your dong

Saigon Vegan Adventure - Edit

We found Co Noi on Happy Cow and it was surprisingly good! The restaurant is very, very simple, the hotel is a "tour bus" style hotel and the dining room serves as the breakfast room for students. Really simple. However, and most importantly, the air conditioning was divine! Our waiter didn't really speak English. I hadn't intended to order the full prix fix menu, but as I don't speak Vietnamese, I smiled and pointed and chalked it up to experience. Expensive? Our lunch included 2 spring rolls, grilled tofu and mushrooms in curry sauce, sliced green peppers and grated carrot, delicious pineapple and vegetable soup and enough rice for a family of 4. We had 2 beers and 2 teas. The bill: 205,595 VND. The VND trades for about 21,000 to the dollar. So, truly what might have been $60 any where else was about $10.00 here. Co Noi is easy to find - on the street behind the opera house, turn right and be brave. The hardest thing about coming here is crossing the streets in Saigon - you close your eyes and pray.

Pros: Great Food, Easy to find, Good Value

Cons: Not a beautiful place, Not much English spoken

Return to Ho Chi Minh City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Co Noi closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1337 times since Jul 2013.