First Review by

Vegan Buffet in Lisboa? - Edit

While I'm not a buffet fan, I was extremely pleased with the wide range of vegan offerings at this restaurant. The food itself has to be rated for what it is: buffet food, fair at best since it's not fresh. As noted by some, it's a bit steeply priced, but because they offer a lot (not just "Oriental" food, it's worth a visit. Even though it was a bust afternoon, (I had to wait for a table), service was prompt and amicable.

Pros: Variety of food., Service.

Cons: Buffet

Maybe the best vegan buffet in Lisbon - Edit

The buffet is all vegan with varied and well prepared dishes. Atmosphere doesn't match the food, but location is great. Service is ok. Prices are quite cheap.

Pros: Tasty vegan buffet

Cons: Atmosphere

Really nice buffet - Edit

A really nice selection of Asian and Northern African food in the buffet. Place is nice and cosy and it's located right in the heart of the city. I will definately visit Clube do Oriente every time when I'm in Lisbon.

Pros: good value, exellent food

Wow... - Edit

Great food, moderate price and AMAZING desserts!!! Strongly recommend! I had the best chocolate mousse ever and all totally dairy and egg free!

Pros: excellent food, lots of it, good value

A good choice in the centre of Lisbon - Edit

There was plenty of choice on the buffet table, and our family group found plenty of choose from. Everything was clearly labelled (in Portuguese). Though none of us particularly liked the hot dishes, the salads, quiches, cold fried savouries and so on were plentiful and extremely fresh.
We enjoyed the walk along the lively Rua Garrett and were glad we got out at the right exit from the Baixa-Chiado metro station - via the very long series of escalators to the Rua Garrett - because if you take the Rua da Crucifixo exit there are a lot of very steep steps to climb.
The place wasn't busy, but we went early and it was filling up as we left.

Pros: location, freshness, labels

Not Chinese!! - Edit

Visited on 06.03.10 & 07.03.10 (repeat visit 'cause it was so good!). Excellent vegan buffet in nice surroundings, kind of modern. Really tasty food, 6+ hot dishes, a soup of the day, and loads of different salads, sauces and sundrys like mini vegan pizza, deep fried polenta, roasted veggies, bhaji's and dough balls. also a wide range of deserts, juices, teas and alcoholic drinks. The day time buffet is 9 euro 50 and in the evening 12 euro 50, drinks and deserts are priced separately. The staff were friendly and spoke good english. Very highly recommended!

Pros: Great food, Nice and chilled atmosphere, Very Central

Best Buffet in Town - Edit

A fabulous place in a wonderful old town location. The buffet here is simply astonishing. 100% vegan: salads, pulses, rice, pasta, hot meals, cold dishes, soup and condiments. The quality of the food is excellent, for example there was a tofu casserole and a roasted chestnut bake. The food is well presented and regularly topped up. Good value at 9.80 EUR, I visited the buffet 3 times to make the most of the huge selection of food.

Pros: location, selection, food

very good - Edit

Very nice selection and tasting food. Some interesting combinations but nothing asian as implied by the name. Service staff was a bit unfriendly and nonchalant but the helpful chef came out to answer any questions. A GREAT place to fill your stomach with a healthy meal.

Pros: Selection, tasty, location

Cons: service staff

Worth Trying! - Edit

This was our first meal after arriving in Lisbon (thanks to some happycow browsing beforehand) and definitely one of the best we had during our stay! Food and location are both great and the prices are quite good considering what we have seen in other places. Their dinner buffet costs about 12€ and I would definitely recommend it. If you have the chance, try the "Tropical" juice :)

Pros: food, location, friendly staff

Nice Vegan restaurant - Edit

Really liked the food here, but not sure were the 'Chinese' food came into it, as listed above. It looked like it was in the premises of an old Chinese restaurant, but no chinese food as I know it. Anyhow, the food was really nice and lots to choice - various salads, soup, hot dishes such as curried lentils, mushroom stroganoff, bean stew etc, rice, and fritter type things etc. Really nice vegan food, but nothing out of the ordinary. Deffo worth a visit though if you are in Lisbon, would go back to the restaurant again. I went with two meat-eaters and they really liked it aswell. The red wine we had was lovely too. Staff were really friendly and helpful - very good English. I had 4 plates fulls of the buffet was about 12euro each for the food, so I really had value for money. Yum yum!

Pros: Good Food, Nice Staff, Central Location - Chiara area

Cons: Not Chinese

Special Occasions Restaurant - Edit

If you want to go to a restaurant and don't want to be asking if this is Vegan or not, this is the best choice.

A 100% all you can eat Vegan Buffet with excellent variety and superb tasting.

if you have dessert and drink one of the excellent natural juices they have it will cost around 20 something €.

Not an everyday restaurant, at least for my pocket, but i love to go there on special occasions.

Definitely a must go if you visit Lisboa.
Pedro Pinto

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, all you can eat

a pleasant surprise - Edit

first veggie restaurant we visited in lisbon. nothing offered here was particularly creative and new to me, but the food was tasty and i ended up returning. good value for a well done buffet. both light and heavy things offered, so appeals to the calorie conscious as well as someone looking for a heavy meal. will be going back again next time in lisbon!

Tasty food, nice locale and very central - Edit

Visited this excellent restaurant last week with my vegetarian sister and meat-eating mother. I am vegan. We all loved the place and the food (we had the vegan buffé and vegan pineapple-cake with coconut-sauce). We all highly recommend you to eat here. The service was good and fast and the waiter very friendly and fluent in english.

Vegan Restaurant! Please update info! - Edit

This restaurant is Vegan (the only 100% vegan restaurant in Lisboa!), Moby has dined here!

Return to Lisbon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Clube do Oriente closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 933 times since Aug 2007.