First Review by ericaamy

Super healthy food - Edit

It's not easy to find the place, but I like such hidden treasures :-) The food is not only vegan but also super healthy. I took a daily menu which was a soup with a slice of bread and a plate of spelt, barley and chickpeas and it was accompannied by tea. It was enough food to make me feel full but the chocolate cake was speaking to me so I went for a dessert too. It was very nice and somehow felt "healthy" too, not too sweet. Together with a cereal coffee I paid 13,50€ for everything, which I consider good value for money!

This place gets credit for its superb location - Edit

The food is not exciting here and the menu is rather limited, but the chocolate torte is excellent. It is basically a lunch spot in the very center of the city. Nothing else is this convenient, which is why we ended up eating there twice in the few days we were in the city. There is a fixed lunch menu, and this is pretty reasonable for a European city, and a few other options. They are big on beans and lentils, so that you could end up with a bean dish and then a lentil soup. I can't rave about that. The food is also kind of bland. I don't know if garlic is part of the macrobiotic menu, but they could use some, or some other herbs. The desserts we tried (chocolate torte and bread cake) were both good, but I highly recommend the chocolate torte. I like that they serve tea and you can refill from a thermos. But if I were in Milan, most likely I'd be back, because it was comfortable, casual, and you can't beat the location.

Pros: Location, reasonable prices, good desserts

Cons: unexciting main dishes

Satisfying wholesome vegan meal - Edit

Ditto regarding hard to find, it is on 1st floor of an office building. We had the daily menu which was generous and healthy.

Pros: Value for money

Cons: Hard to find

Hidden gem for local Macrobian - Edit

It was indeed a bit hard to find, it is on 1st floor of an office building. As the name "club" suggests, a nice hidden canteen for local Macrobiotic lovers. Maybe it's good that it's a bit hidden that way.
I went there with my husband for lunch, and had a daily menu. I had one with spelt with vegetable, he had one with spelt with aduki beans. They were both equally nice, except that the soup was not re-heated warm enough.
The amount was nice, the desert looked nice too.
The owner was very friendly and the price was reasonable.
There are only fixed menu for a day but being an owner of Macrobiotic cafe myself, I can understand that they want to keep it that way, in order to minimize the waste as much as possible. It's a good sign.

Pros: Authentic Macrobiotic Food, Friendly staff, Tasty

Cons: Hard to find location

a lovely lunch... - Edit

Review: I was surprised because it wasn't very easy to find. It's actually in the same building as the French Tourism office, hidden up on the first floor. Turn left and go up one flight of stairs to find the "club."

The menu changes every day, but you can check their website for the weekly menu at www dot centromacrobioticomilanese dot it

It's almost winter so it was very hearty, stick-to your-bones fare. I had the entire set meal which included "zuppa di farro" or "spelt soup." FYI, spelt is a very popular grain in Lombardy which seems like a cross between barley and oats. with lots of delicious vegetables and a nice broth, a risotto with beans (it almosted seemed like a mexican dish) and bread. I was completely full but went ahead and ordered a "budino" which was a creamy and delicious tri-flavor soy pudding (chocolate, vanilla, and caramel). You can have as much tea as you like included in the price. It was 12 Euros for everything which was a very good deal considering the quality and quantity of the meal.

Pros: healthy and nice portions, welcoming staff, nice music, atmosphere

Cons: only one choice per day (set menu), not easy to find, no prices listed

Return to Milan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Club Centro Macrobiotico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 6365 times since Aug 2007.