Clovermint Cafe and Market

Contact 754-888-9766

3433 Griffin Rd , Dania Beach, Florida, USA, 33312

Vegan eatery offering a short menu with dishes including caesar salad, avocado fries, sunflower seed "tuna" melt, baked ziti, and a selection of tea. For dessert choose from ice cream sundae, chocolate cake, and apple strudel. Brunch all day on Saturday and Sunday, which has tofu scrambles and French toast. Uses no refined sugar. Open Wed-Fri 11:00am-9:00pm, Sat 10:00am-9:00pm, Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out

First Review by X10

not worth the cost - Edit

I ordered a rainbow salad, which I guess is a substitute for their pad Thai, it was $15.00 and the portion was more like a side salad then an entree. It also was supposed to have kelp noodles in it, but there were none. I probably should have sent it back. Then I ask for a mac and cheese side and the waitress brings me a side of their cheese. I did send that back for the mac and cheese. But to get about 2 oz. for $6.00 was also not worth it. The waitress says the mac and cheese is hot, ok but doesn't warn me that she meant the bowl. I burnt my fingers on it. Really? Over all it was very disappointing! Dessert was just ok. The brownie was not completely cooked.

Cons: too pricey it cost $40.00 for one person and I was

Disappointing - Edit

I came here for lunch with high expectations without knowing they were also hosting a local event (for the first time I heard). My experience was unfortunately marred by the fact that they were spread too thin trying to do that and to run a lunch service at the same time.

Half the restaurant space was portioned out resulting in very limited seats. Service was a mess. People (us included) stood waiting by the door to be seated but received no attention from the staff. We weren't told it'd be counter service only for the day until we walked up to the register and asked. A couple simply left. Frankly they were severely understaffed. Most of the time, there was only one woman in the front running around like mad.

I would've liked to try the avocado fries and the apple strudel, but both ran out and weren't replenished due to the event (lack of time & staff). I ended up ordering the hummus plate, the tuna melts, and the baked ziti to share with my partner. Food was OK but not great or memorable. The ziti was overcooked to a mush. Nothing looked like the pictures, but that's probably because we were served in plastic takeout boxes and utensils without any explanation whatsoever, which left a bad taste in my mouth. I just had to assume they had run out of clean plates and silverware, too.

My biggest gripe is with the tuna melts. It was almost laughable. For $12, we got two small slices of dry and over-toasted bread, slathered with a thin layer of their utterly bland, runny "sunflower tuna salad" and drowned in their "cheddar sauce" that tasted nothing remotely like it. I looked up some pictures after and I felt shortchanged! In them, there were 3-4 slices of bread and the "tuna salad" was chunkier and more sizable. Mine was hurried and sloppily thrown together.

I would've rated this place a 2 if it weren't for the dense, moist, and decadently rich chocolate cake we also got for dessert. Our bill total came to $40, which I thought was overpriced for what we got. I do believe we came in on a wrong day and that I would've enjoyed it a lot more had the circumstances been different.

Pros: excellent chocolate cake

Cons: overpriced for what we got, plastic everything, unorganized service

Good food - Edit

Clovermint is a small place that serves only vegan/gluten free food. They have a nice menu with a lot of choices. The food was very good, though not the best vegan place around (still think Green Bar in Ft. Lauderdale is better, as is Darbster in West Palm).

Mac and cheese was very creamy and even though it was rice pasta it was cooked well. The menu says it's a garlic mac and cheese but the garlic is overwhelming and spicy. The BBQ tempeh was good, but my husband wasn't sure the toast it was on was the right pairing. We got a side of sweet potato medallions and while we liked the unusual combo of lemon and cinnamon, they were not cooked well and were kind of chewy. The banana ice cream is really just frozen blended bananas and is very good. The chocolate cake was ok - no frosting! It was a bit dry and I kept wanting some kind of icing to accompany it.

Portions were good and prices are reasonable.

The place is small but when we went for lunch there was only one server for the entire restaurant, not just serving, but acting as hostess, server, cashier, and busser. People came in and had to wait because she had no time to clear tables. She really hustled and did a great job for being the only person there, but it was just not a job for one person to manage the whole front end.

Vegan heaven - Edit

Vegan..gluten free..amazing dishes...what more can you ask for. It's been a few months since I been here but when I did go the staff as GREAT and the environment was comforting, and let's not forget about the flavorful vegan menu. Definitely recommend if your in the area.

Pros: Excellent food , Friendly staff

Cons: Hours

Yum! - Edit

Let me sing the praises of Clovermint! All vegan, all gluten-free heaven. I love how busy the place is too. That might sound weird, but it's nice to see a good place make it and be so popular. There's good reason: the food is yummy! My favorite is the Buffalo Cauliflower Sandwich. I'm drooling as I write this...
Staff has been super friendly, and patient. Ambiance is simple/upscale, and downright pleasant. Five stars! Plan your trip around eating here!

great for brunch, great for lunch - Edit

My wife and I went here for early lunch and shared her buffalo cauliflower and my tuna melt as well as the avocado fries. Both entrees were delicious as well as the fries. While we enjoyed lunch we saw many breakfast dishes, like pancakes and scrambles, going to the other tables. The restaurant was full the whole time we were there with people finishing and leaving as others arrived to take the available tables.
The service was friendly and efficient.

Pros: all vegan including desserts

Best Plant Based Restaurant in South Florida - Edit

Best Whole Food Plant Based restaurant in South Florida.
Actually I'd go as far as saying best in the country.
Been there six times since they've opened and food & service have been top notch every time. Ann the owner is willing to customize your meal if you have allergies or special dietary needs.

Pros: Excellent Food, Will customize to special dietary needs, Friendly Staff

Cons: Still in soft opening, Mon-Fri hours

ok - Edit

I went there last month for dinner and my husband and I tried the "tuna", tempeh, mac & cheese, avocado coconut fries and chocolate cake and the only item that I would come back for is the Mac & Cheese! The rest was ok, nothing amazing But if you are there, order the mac&cheese!

Great dinner! - Edit

AMAZING! I had the broccoli cheddar soup with the buffalo cauliflower entree. The soup had the perfect about of broccoli. There was florets in almost every spoonful! The buffalo cauliflower was served with avocado spread on homemade bread and veggies with Caesars dressing. Everything tasted so wonderful and filing! Thank you for one of the best meals I've had in a long time!

Pros: delicious , delicious, delicious

Cons: none!

Thanks again Happy Cow - Edit

Again, Happy Cow shows us the way. I wouldn't have known about this place otherwise. I went twice while in Florida on a visit. I had 5 food items. Not everything was perfectly suited to my taste, but it was all either great or good. My absolute favorite was the Broccoli & Cheddar soup. Box or can it and send it up north and I'll eat it every day. If you live anywhere near this place, treat yourself to this menu.

Can't wait to go back! - Edit

Went to dinner tonight at Clovermint Cafe for the first time, and we were all very impressed and really enjoyed our meal.

Person 1 ordered tuna melt, avocado fries, and french toast.
Person 2 ordered barbecue tempeh with home fries, potato salad, and chocolate cake.
Person 3 ordered buffalo cauliflower, caesar salad, and apple streusel.
Everything was shared among the three of us.

The bread was AMAZING. Best gluten-free bread we’ve ever had. The tuna melt, tempeh sandwich, and cauliflower were all fantastic. The salads were fresh and delicious. None of us had ever had avocado fries before anywhere, but we all loved these. They were exactly the right texture, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside without being mushy at all. The garlic aioli complemented them perfectly. The home fries were half white potatoes, half sweet potatoes and cooked with onion.

I had really been craving potato salad, and it ended up being the only disappointment the entire meal. It was definitely missing some much-needed tanginess and was dry and a bit too mashed. We didn't finish it and were very kindly not charged for it. Might have just been an off night for that though.

Dessert blew us away. The french toast was absolutely perfect. Pretty sure it was made with the same bread that is used with the tuna melt and tempeh sandwich. The french toast taste and texture were heavenly. It came with maple syrup, whipped cream, blueberries, sliced strawberries, and sliced bananas. Chocolate cake was fantastic. Very rich and more like a brownie in density and texture. A huge slice for only $6. Came with vanilla ice cream, sliced strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Extremely delicious and enjoyable. The apple streusel was also amazing.

Service was great, our water glasses were refilled, and our food came out of the kitchen quickly. Presentation for every dish was beautiful. Portions were generous and more than fair for the price. Atmosphere, decor, artwork, and tile work were all great. Chairs were very comfortable. The music was nice and played at a perfect volume, but it was all Louis Armstrong the whole time we were in there (longer than an hour), so maybe they could mix it up a bit. Restroom was totally neat and clean.

Will definitely be back to try the rest of the menu. Our new favorite restaurant! Loved it!

Thanks to the owners for giving us a vegan option so close to home. You have some new loyal customers, and we are excited to watch this place grow and thrive!

Pros: delicious food, great service, comfortable atmosphere, clean, value much better than Sublime

Cute & Tasty - Edit

Very cute old-timey decor with some vintage furniture, including a couch & coffee table. It's reasonably spacious & the food was excellent.

Not many people were there when we went on Jan 3 (seemed to be just friends of the employees), which I assume is because they're brand new. They deserve a crowd!

Staff was welcoming & attentive in the right way (not too much nor too little).

We went here after disembarking from a cruise at Port Everglades (it was one of the only vegan places open before 11am) for brunch. I enjoyed BBQ tempeh dish, tofu scramble & sweet potatoe sides. I will upload a few pictures shortly.

Pros: Tasty (& all vegan), Vintage & welcoming decor

This is a very hip place - Edit

My wife and I went to the Clovermint for the first time last night. I was really surprised how nice the place looked and the music was great. The ambiance far surpassed any of the other vegan restaurants we have dined at and is on par with Sublime in this area. The menu was diverse and the food was well prepared. There were many non traditional vegan dishes on the menu which was also a nice surprise. We recommend this place to any looking for a great dinner.

highly recommended vegan restaurant - Edit

I have eaten here three times already. so lucky to a delicious 100% vegan restaurant in the area. The sunflower seed tuna melt is a must.

Pros: all vegan menu

Cons: currently only open on weekends, look forward to e

Excellent place!! - Edit

I visited Clovermint during their soft opening, so the full menu was not out yet. It is a relatively small place, but super cozy and VERY well-decorated. It is a very classy little place - you can tell a lot of thought went into it. We started with the almond-crusted avocado fries with aioli, which had amazing flavor. We split the tuna melt and the buffalo cauliflower platter. Both were great, but I felt that the tuna melt was a little skimpy for the $12 price tag. Overall, great experience and we will definitely be back once they have their grand opening.

Pros: Excellent food, Friendly staff, Comfortable/inviting atmosphere

Return to Dania Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clovermint Cafe and Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.