Clover Food Truck - Kendall Square

Contact n/a

5 Cambridge Center, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA, 02139

Clover mobile trucks operate at multiple locations in Cambridge (also daily at Central Square) - check its webpage for updates. This location info updated May 2016. Serves vegetarian fast food such as soy blt, bbq seitan, salads. Mon-Sat 7:00am-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Ryan S.

Please expand to Chicago! - Edit

I was in Cambridge for five days and ate at Clover three or four times. It was fantastic to have a place like this just about mile's walk from where I was staying. The oatmeal with rhubarb compote that I had the one day I went for breakfast was the standout, but I liked everything else that I tried, too. Probably the least good (not bad) thing was the chickpea fritter sandwich. According to the menu, this is a perennial favorite, and there was nothing wrong with it. It's just that it was a falafel sandwich that wasn't really as good as those I'm used to getting at Middle Eastern restaurants in my Chicago neighborhood for a little less money. My only other quibble is that I thought the menu leaned too heavily on fried food, One fried option would be enough. However, on the whole, I would eat here regularly if I lived nearby! The flavors were interesting, and for the most part the vibe was definitely one of trying to make great vegetarian food instead of just trying to make acceptable clones of meat-based dishes.

Pros: Interesting food, Not dependent on meat-based food culture, Friendly staff

Great for a light meal - Edit

Clover was a very cute food truck and one of the only good vegan options near MIT. I had the seitan BBQ sandwich, which you have to request to be vegan, and the rosemary french fries- both great, but nothing gourmet. However, the prices are very reasonable and the service is quick. The offerings are a bit limited. Overall, probably your best bet as a vegan in Cambridge.

Pros: Quick, Seitan! , Cheap

Cons: Limited, Vegetarian

I love this food truck! - Edit

Fair warning to vegans, I hear many of their items have egg/cheese. But their chickpea fritter sandwich is addicting, their rosemary fries mesmerizing, and their daily lemonades tasty. Very affordable and quick for vegans on the go!

Pros: Tasty, Cheap

Good option for a quick lunch - Edit

This is one of several food trucks that serve lunch on the MIT campus between 1100 and 1500. It sells a number of decent $5 sandwiches / burgers in pitta (BBQ seitan, chickpea fritter; soy BLT; sweet potato). It also does some tasty fries with rosemary for $3.

Decent quality fast food - 100% vegetarian, and very easy for vegans. Highly recommended. There are also falafel and Thai/Vietnamese food trucks nearby which do a range of veg options.

Pros: Well located for MIT visit, Served very quickly

Return to Cambridge Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clover Food Truck - Kendall Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1580 times since Aug 2009.