CLOSED: Clover 8

63482077

5 Stadium Walk, 01-40 Leisure Park, East Singapore, Singapore, 397693

Vegetarian cafe offering Thai, Vietnamese, Singaporean as well western dishes. Since 2014. Last order 9:30pm. Previously 100% vegan, but now serving some items with eggs and dairy, May 2015. Reported closed, Oct 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Chinese, International, Thai, Take-out, Asian, Singaporean

First Review by natalierowee

good food - Edit

This restaurant will be closing either end of August or September

Clover 8 - dissapointing - Edit

Hi,

Had lunch with my mum today at kallang mall.
Menu looked great and it stops there.
Tasteless chicken rice & the green curry was like soup - quite hopeless

Considering I have been in Singapore 47 years and my mum more then 71 yrs , we
know what good vegetarian food is.

In a culinary paradiselike singapore this qualifies as a FAIL.

North South east west in tanjong katong road nearby has 3 times the menu and much better food.

Very dissapointed
Mike & Co.

Lot of vegan options - Edit

I announce happily to all vegans that I think Clover8 team learnt from their mistake and they changed the menu again and now most of the dishes are vegan. Concerning the staff I think it can very often happen that even in a vegan restaurant they are not really aware what vegan means (especially when it comes to honey) but when we were here yesterday they were aware of it and I hadn't seen items on the new menu which were marked vegan and contained milk or egg.
Mostly asian meals and of course a lot of mock meat but delicious and our portions were quite big. We had Tom Yam soup and "chicken" curry with rice

Vegans Beware - Edit

****May 2015 Update***

Unfortunately, Clover 8 is no longer vegan as they have decided to start selling eggs and other animal products 'because some of their customers asked for it.'

Very disappointing to see one of our favorite restaurants chose profits over ethics.

Additionally, their staff has turned over and the new staff doesn't know what vegan means, and they will say things are vegan when they are not. We found at least one menu item with milk being advertised as vegan. Vegans please order with caution.

It's unlikely we'll be go here anymore with so many vegan restaurants or vegetarian restaurants that know how to cater to vegans.

****Original Review****

Clover 8 is our new vegan haven. Located a short walk from the Stadium MRT (Circle line) it's quite easy to get to.

The staff is exceptionally friendly. They make us feel at home - every visit is a pleasure. They are also quite efficient - dishes come out straight away.

The menu is expansive. (See pictures) They cover a wide spectrum of dishes and have both a Thai and Vietnamese chef to help ensure region specific dishes are of the utmost quality. Our personal favorites are the green curry (#43), laksa (#29) and the steamed BBQ 'pork' buns. (#9) We've had about half the menu now and still love trying new dishes.

The dining area is crisp, clean and spacious. The food is also extremely good value for money. Several dishes are only $5 - $6 for a generous portion which keeps us coming back for more.

If you're looking for a new vegetarian / vegan restaurant to try don't miss Clover 8!
Updated from previous review on Monday December 01, 2014

Updated from previous review on Sunday May 24, 2015

Pros: Good Value, Diverse menu, Quick

Cons: Started selling animal products, Staff doesn't know what vegan means, Impossible to know what's truly vegan.

Pretty satisfactory! - Edit

Would have given 4 stars, however, my sister ordered the mushroom ravioli and it didn't taste good at all. The portion of the ravioli was also ridiculously small for its high cost.
I ordered the sweet & sour fish rice and it was simply amazing. I definitely enjoyed my dish and the portion was generous! We also ordered the "shrimp" dim sum and it did not disappoint.

I have uploaded the updated menus as well (check pictures!)

Pros: Sweet & sour fish was good, Dim sum was good

Cons: Ravioli portion too small, Ravioli didn't taste good

Return to East Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Clover 8 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.