Cloud Cakes

Contact 0142339545

6 rue Mandar, Paris, France, 75002

Vegan coffee shop / bakery near Chatelet-Les Halles station, since Sep 2016. Speciality is cupcakes. Serves drinks and light meals, croissants, pastries, and brunch on Sunday. NOTE: closed from Jan 22 - Feb 9 2017. Open Tue-Sat 10:00am-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Bakery, French

First Review by lorrainian

Very good and cozy vegan coffee-shop - Edit

I was lucky enough to find a seat right away at this tiny, cozy coffee-shop because I went there on a Friday afternoon. I loved the atmosphere: very quiet, decorated with taste and with a really homely feeling. I had a red velvet cupcake and a matcha latte, and my boyfriend had a slice of chocolate cake. Everything was a bit overpriced (we paid 17,50€ for two cakes and two drinks) but not more so than average Parisian coffee-shops or even Starbucks, and at Cloud Cakes the food is really, really good so I didn't mind the prices too much. I'll definitely come back to taste something else!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-15

Pros: Very tasty cakes, Very warm and cozy, QUIET

Cons: A tad overpriced, Tiny so probably a bit crowded on weekends

heavenly vegan Coffeeshop - Edit

This conveniently located pastry & coffe shop serves a wide range of extremely delicious-looking and -tasting goodies. A must for every sweet-tooth. Also good option to go or for parties. Fair priced.

Pros: Location, delicious

Fantastic coffee shop! Amazing cakes and croissants - Edit

Cloud cakes is a vegan heaven for cakes and croissants lovers. I've been there several times and I've never been disappointed. Their croissants are amazing and remind me those of good French traditionnal bakeries. Their Forêt noire is just perfect and their pies and cupcakes very flavourful. You have a nice choice in terms of hot drinks and the place is calm and pleasant. One of my favorite places in Paris. I'm really looking forward to try their brunch.

Pros: everything is fantastic here, central location, fair prices

A little selection of awesome vegan treats - Edit

We came there on a Sunday and the small place was full. They have a nice decor and a little selection of vegan cupcakes. We were lucky and got crossaints straight from the oven - they were heavenly!!! We reccomend this place for sure!

Pros: good wifi, normal prices

Cons: tiny space

Sweet Experience! - Edit

I popped in for a sweet and was not disappointed. The gentleman behind the counter helped me pick out a cupcake and it was moist, dense, flavorful, and sweet! I enjoyed it inside the cafe before I went on my way.

Pros: Convenient to museums

Nice little cafe & Good Brunch - Edit

Update of my review after visiting again for Sunday brunch.
Brunch was quite good and copious, as it includes two drinks (1 cold & 1 hot), one croissant, one main plate (chickpea wrap when I visited), and a generous portion of tasty waffles.
So, we were very satisfied, and probably coming back soon again. :)
As the place is not big, I'd recommend booking a table in advance if going for the brunch.

---------------------------------
Visited in September 2016, just a couple days after their opening.

I first saw Cloud Cakes a while ago in one of the "Vegan Place" events organized by the L214 association; and I'm glad they have now started their own cafe.

We visited during tea time, and we had the carrot cake and the red velvet cake. They also had cupcakes and croissants; and I think sometimes they offer savory snacks as well.
To be honest, I found the cakes to be too sweet for my taste, but to be fair, I think that's a normal sweetness level for Paris.
I thought also that hot drinks could be a little larger.

You order first on the counter; and then you wait at the table. The staff was friendly and they spoke English.

They do offer a set menu for lunch; excepts on Sundays, when they offer a brunch.
I'll visit again to try their food; but for the time being, I'm afraid they haven't convinced me with their sweets.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-17

Pros: good value, friendly staff, location

Cons: a bit too sweet (to confirm next time)

2 Responses

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Ricardo,
Thank for the comment and vote ! :-)
For your information we have new pastries with less sugar I hope you will enjoy : coconut raw cake, chocolate and peanut butter muffin, red fruits muffin, lemon muffin, etc.!
See you, then ! :-))

Ricardo 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Otylio,
Thank you for your response.
It's great to know you have less sweet pastries.
I'll go try them soon! :)

what a find!! - Edit

Loved this place. Today it's pouring outside, but it's warm and cozy in here. The turmeric latte is a must! Cupcake was delicious, and I'm waiting for the next batch of croissants to come out of the oven.

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Wendolin ! We are so glad you loved our place !

So good! - Edit

I came here with my boyfriend for breakfast while we were in Paris. We both got a croissant and a muffin and they were so good and just what we needed after a long trip to Paris! We found out that they had only been open for 5 days when we went and we couldn't stop thinking about how fortunate we were that they were open when we got there because we would have missed out! They do speak English there and their food is incredible! Happy vegans!

Pros: Amazing food, Good selections, English is spoken

Cons: none!

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Thank you so much Cassie Greene ! :D

2016-10-15 Découverte de Cloud Cakes - Edit

Issu du crowdfunding :

Le Coffee Shop Cloud Cakes a ouvert il y a un mois environ (mi septembre 2016) au 6, rue Mandar, paris 2, à 100m de la brasserie 2eme Art !

Derrière une belle facade, et l'enseigne Cloud Cakes, on découvre une salle bien agencée et décorée avec goût dans le style Cloud Cakes.
Un canapé nous invite d'ailleurs à nous y plonger.

Les menus salés et sucrés sont d'une très bonne qualité, on se régale les papilles.
Les croissants et bientot les pains au chocolat sont délicieux.
Les prix sont corrects.

Et c'est un vrai plaisir de passer un bon moment entre amis.

En tout cas, mes enfants ont hâtes d'aller les revoir, ils avaient adorés leur cupcakes lors des Vegan place L214 !

Et le dimanche, un bon brunch vous attends de 11h à 15h !

Pros: Gluten free choice, Decoration, place

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Merci beaucoup Eric pour ce commentaire !! Et les informations détaillées pour les visiteurs :-)
A bientôt ! Bises

Could be improved - Edit

I tried a hot chocolate which was much too salty to my taste.
The chocolate cupcake was quite good because the frosting was perfect, but the cake itself could be improved (I found it a bit dry).
As much as I want to put it a better rating, I'll be honest and give it 3 stars.
Maybe next time will be better!

Pros: Vegan croissants, Vegan cake, Cute

Cons: Salty hot chocolate

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Hungy Monster,
Thank you for your honesty and advices. It is strange that the hot chocolat was salty... Perhaps a mistake when we made this one..!
We have now new pastries we hope you will enjoy ! :-))
See you,

sweet little spot - Edit

I really enjoyed stopping in here for vegan croissants and a vegan latte. Also tried their cappuccino. They have wi-fi and it's a cute little place to visit. Wish they were open on Mondays as I really wanted to return to try their other desserts and food and that was the only day I had.

Pros: vegan croissants, cute place

Cons: closed Mondays

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Vtraveller,
We are glad you liked our place ! :-)) We plan to open in Monday but we are only 2 working in Cloud Cakes (my wife and me), now 3 in the week end :-) As soon as it'll be possible, we will open on Monday !
See you,

Great cafe - Edit

This place is lovely, and would be a great place to spend a lazy afternoon. The cafe is in a beautiful pedestrian precinct, well-lit by full-height windows, and contains cosy seating including a couch in one corner.

The range of cakes looked very impressive; we tried a chocolate cupcake, which was delicious, and a croissant, which was freshly made and perfect - very impressive given how difficult it is to find vegan croissants in Paris. We were less impressed by the flan, which was a little bland, as was a hot chocolate.

I would definitely come here again, but it might take a few visits to figure out which menu items I like and which I don't.

Pros: Impressive and tasty selection of baked treats, Great location, Wifi

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Fievos,
Glad you enjoyed our coffee shop ! :-) The flan is no longer on the menu, we replaced it by delicious chantilly cakes : vanilla-raspberry and vanilla-apricot ! Plus muffins : chocolate peanut butter / red fruits / lemon with pavot seeds.
See you then, Fievos ! :D

Vegan croissants! - Edit

When I visited Paris some months ago I searched for vegan croissants, and whilst I did find some nice packaged ones at Une Monde Vegan, what I really wanted was to eat some vegan, flakey, freshly baked croissants. So I was very excited during my last visit to eat at Cloud Cakes. The croissants (plain and chocolate) were so good and somehow tasted buttery (from what I remember). We also got some cupcakes for takeaway, found them very nice. The staff were very friendly too. But note that on Sundays you cannot buy croissants individually - they need to be purchased with the brunch meal. The brunch sounded very good (scrambled tofu, croissant, hot drink, cold drink, and pancakes) but sadly I didn't have time to do that :(

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-18

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cloud Cakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.