Cloud Cakes

• Friend

6 rue Mandar, Paris, France, 75002

Vegan coffee shop / bakery near Chatelet-Les Halles station, since Sep 2016. Speciality is cupcakes. Serves drinks and light meals, croissants, pastries, breakfast Mon-Sat and brunch on Sunday. Open Tue-Fri 8:30am-7:00pm, Sat 9:30am-7:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm. Closed May 25 2017.

Category: Vegan, Take-out, Bakery, French

First Review by lorrainian

good cakes, cozy cafe - Edit

I liked the cake I tried (vanilla-caramel). I also had a croissant which was yummie. The cafe is small and cozy and nice to have a seat while eating their sweets. I would go there again and recommend that place!

Pros: easy to find, cozy place, good cakes

Croissant - Edit

When you are in France, you have to try a croissant. That's how we ended up here. We were more excited about the pain au chocolat, which unfortunately wasn't available the day we went. The croissant was nice, you couldn't tell it was vegan. A bit more expensive than a "normal croissant". The other bakery goods looked very nice too though, but we didn't try them.

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-12

Pros: All vegan, Food looked very nice

Cons: Good but not amazing

Great coffee and cake place - Edit

A small vegan cafe with excellent cakes and great coffee. We had the carrot cake and two cupcakes and cappuccino. Everything was fresh and very tasty. The staff (Amélie) was very kind. Highly recommended. Only regret: The room is quite small and is often crowded.

Pros: Delicious cakes, Kind staff, everything vegan

Cons: limited space

Amazing Croissants - Edit

I deliberately worked this place in to my trip while I was in Paris because I so wanted to try their croissants and it was completely worth it! I wish I'd bought a couple more to take away! I had been hoping to try the cake as well but I was there pretty early in the day and the only cakes out were covered in whipped cream and not very appealing to me. Equally because it was quite early the service was quite slow, but not so bad it detracted from the product. Would definitely go again if I was in Paris, and possibly drag other people along with me!

Pros: Amazing croissants , Convenient location , Friendly

Cons: Slow coffee

Yum but get there early! - Edit

Cute cafe just off the Main Street. There was about 5 cakes and 5 cupcake flavours in the cabinet but the croissants had sold out. We had a cake and cupcake and both were delicious.

Pros: delicious

Cons: not much by the end of the day

Lovely - Edit

Très charmant endroit découvert un jour de pluie. Mention spéciale pour la "forêt noire "?

Pros: Service

Amazing - Edit

Everything I've had has been amazing. Even ordered cakes for Christmas dessert, my omni family loved them!

5 star croissant - Edit

Amazing croissant! Amazing hot chocolate! Delicious all round!
I'll be coming back for their delicious looking brunch.

Delicious cupcakes and croissants - Edit

These croissants are the best I ever had. The cupcakes are so delicious, the chocolate is my favourite. The cakes not so much but good too.
A little small place but that is kind of normal in central Paris.

Pros: Delicious cupcakes, Delicious croissants

Cons: Staff could be a bit more friendly

Very good and cozy vegan coffee-shop - Edit

I was lucky enough to find a seat right away at this tiny, cozy coffee-shop because I went there on a Friday afternoon. I loved the atmosphere: very quiet, decorated with taste and with a really homely feeling. I had a red velvet cupcake and a matcha latte, and my boyfriend had a slice of chocolate cake. Everything was a bit overpriced (we paid 17,50€ for two cakes and two drinks) but not more so than average Parisian coffee-shops or even Starbucks, and at Cloud Cakes the food is really, really good so I didn't mind the prices too much. I'll definitely come back to taste something else!

Updated from previous review on 2017-01-15

Pros: Very tasty cakes, Very warm and cozy, QUIET

Cons: A tad overpriced, Tiny so probably a bit crowded on weekends

heavenly vegan Coffeeshop - Edit

This conveniently located pastry & coffe shop serves a wide range of extremely delicious-looking and -tasting goodies. A must for every sweet-tooth. Also good option to go or for parties. Fair priced.

Pros: Location, delicious

top - Edit

Un peu cher quand même mais tres bon

Pros: la nourriture

Cons: prix , trop petit

Fantastic coffee shop! Amazing cakes and croissants - Edit

Cloud cakes is a vegan heaven for cakes and croissants lovers. I've been there several times and I've never been disappointed. Their croissants are amazing and remind me those of good French traditionnal bakeries. Their Forêt noire is just perfect and their pies and cupcakes very flavourful. You have a nice choice in terms of hot drinks and the place is calm and pleasant. One of my favorite places in Paris. I'm really looking forward to try their brunch.

Pros: everything is fantastic here, central location, fair prices

A little selection of awesome vegan treats - Edit

We came there on a Sunday and the small place was full. They have a nice decor and a little selection of vegan cupcakes. We were lucky and got crossaints straight from the oven - they were heavenly!!! We reccomend this place for sure!

Pros: good wifi, normal prices

Cons: tiny space

Love it! - Edit

I love this place! Nice food, nice tea and nice decor! I can spend hours there.

Pros: pastries, croissant, tea

Sweet Experience! - Edit

I popped in for a sweet and was not disappointed. The gentleman behind the counter helped me pick out a cupcake and it was moist, dense, flavorful, and sweet! I enjoyed it inside the cafe before I went on my way.

Pros: Convenient to museums

wery well ! - Edit

very well !

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-12

Nice little cafe & Good Brunch - Edit

Update of my review after visiting again for Sunday brunch.
Brunch was quite good and copious, as it includes two drinks (1 cold & 1 hot), one croissant, one main plate (chickpea wrap when I visited), and a generous portion of tasty waffles.
So, we were very satisfied, and probably coming back soon again. :)
As the place is not big, I'd recommend booking a table in advance if going for the brunch.

---------------------------------
Visited in September 2016, just a couple days after their opening.

I first saw Cloud Cakes a while ago in one of the "Vegan Place" events organized by the L214 association; and I'm glad they have now started their own cafe.

We visited during tea time, and we had the carrot cake and the red velvet cake. They also had cupcakes and croissants; and I think sometimes they offer savory snacks as well.
To be honest, I found the cakes to be too sweet for my taste, but to be fair, I think that's a normal sweetness level for Paris.
I thought also that hot drinks could be a little larger.

You order first on the counter; and then you wait at the table. The staff was friendly and they spoke English.

They do offer a set menu for lunch; excepts on Sundays, when they offer a brunch.
I'll visit again to try their food; but for the time being, I'm afraid they haven't convinced me with their sweets.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-17

Pros: good value, friendly staff, location

Cons: a bit too sweet (to confirm next time)

2 Responses

Otylio 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Ricardo,
Thank for the comment and vote ! :-)
For your information we have new pastries with less sugar I hope you will enjoy : coconut raw cake, chocolate and peanut butter muffin, red fruits muffin, lemon muffin, etc.!
See you, then ! :-))
Olivier

Ricardo 24 Oct 2016 - Hello Otylio,
Thank you for your response.
It's great to know you have less sweet pastries.
I'll go try them soon! :)

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cloud Cakes closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.