Clorofilla

Contact 051-235343

Strada Maggiore 64/c, Bologna, Italy,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Aside from a few fish dishes, menu is vegetarian. Offers a special daily dish called "piatto del giorno". Mon-Wed 12:00pm-3:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Tue 7:30pm-11:00pm, Thu-Sat 7:30pm-11:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Non-veg

First Review by nancydong

great :) - Edit

Absolutely loved this place:) first real vegan food since arriving in Venice a few days before. I got a seitan dish with salad and my boyfriend got a tasting dish with a little of everything. All tasted delicious and a real effort went into everything, Waitress helped us out with the vegan friendly dishes and was very friendly and helpful.

Pros: good value , Central , great food

Cons: none

Nice atmosphere - Edit

It’s a little restaurant in front of the School of political sciences of the university. It’s a lovely and warm place, the service is attentive but a little slow, not 100% veg (dairy/eggs and fish dishes).
I tried a wonderful “piatto unico” (a selection of spiced rice, lentils, raw and cooked vegetables, seitan goulash) and a delicious vegan quinoa chocolate cake.
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 04, 2010

Pros: food quality, environment

Cons: a bit expensive

I Love, Love, Love This Place! - Edit

Review: I love this place so much I would consider moving to Bologna just to eat here all the time. As soon as you open the door and smell the food being served, you know you're in the right place.

Tonight I had a special; curry seitan with rice, steamed carrots, spiced potatoes, and a pureed mix of tomatoes, potatoes, and spices which were baked into a wonderful part of the dish (forget the name in Italian). My wife had a wonderful tofu and rice dish which was cooked and spiced to perfection. Both of our meals were 100% vegan.

The staff is cheerful, friendly, and vegetarian/vegan and make you feel right at home. Simona speaks excellent English and can explain anything on the menu. She made some great recommendations for us and made the evening much more enjoyable. The vegan deserts were great and their selection of teas is fantastic.

Its seems Clorofilla has been forced to add a few fish dishes and creme sauces to stay afloat and bring in more people to introduce them to vegetarian cuisine. Their non-dogmatic approach seems to pull in lots of first-timers who end up going veg along the way. I can't fault them for that!

I wish I could give them five stars but since they are not 100% veg, I'm not allowed to.

Pros: Great Food, Friendly Staff, Healthy Cuisine

Honest food, Honest price - Edit

The oldest veg restaurant in Bologna, it has specials of the day(highly suggested) which are filling and yummy. prices very reasonable. Though some items contain dairy/eggs (will specify on menu), and has 2-3 fish dishes :-(. It reminds me of macrobiotic cooking only much more delicious. The owner is longtime vegetarian, is 48 yrs old but looks 35.

Pros: reasonable, fast and friendly service, good food

Cons: has few fish on menu

Return to Bologna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clorofilla closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2188 times since Aug 2007.