Cleveland Vegan

216-221-0201

17112 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, Ohio, USA, 44107

Vegan full service catering business turned brick and mortar cafe and bakery. Cafe opened since Nov 2014. Offers a full menu of items, bakery (cakes, cupcakes, cookies, raw items and more), and takeaway deli options. Specializing in brunch. Casual with Wi-Fi. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Catering

First Review by kbord

Closed ? - Edit

I was planning a trip to Cleveland and mapped places I could eat on my way and during my stay. Even though it clearly said open and closed on Happy Cow and their website had their hours listed, they were not correct. When I drove out of my way, the big sign on the window said closed! We kept going and decided to come back the next day on our way back. The sign in the window said closed; I thought possibly someone forgot to turn the sign so we parked and payed a meter, walked to the cafe to see a small note on the door saying they took a break and will be back on 18th.

Updated from previous review on Friday August 14, 2015

Cons: Pay to park, Hours not updated

clevelandvegan 30 Aug 2015 - Hi Karma Kiss! We are so sorry we missed you on your visit through Cleveland. The week you came, we were on our summer vacation and closed. We had it clearly marked on our front door, the homepage of our website where our regular hours are listed, and on our Facebook page. I am so sorry you missed that. Please come again on your way back through!
Be well,
Laura

On Par with NYC's Finest - Edit

While visiting Cleveland from my home in New York City, my family and I had brunch at Cleveland Vegan, and were pleasently suprised! As a long time vegetarian and health conscious eater, I have tried almost all of the vegan restaurants in Manhattan, which are numerous, and I was curious to try a vegan restaurant in Ohio, wholeheartedly expecting it to not be as good; I was proven wrong! The menu selections were very creative, and everything my family ordered tasted fantastic, in fact, Cleveland Vegan blew away most of the vegan restaurants in NYC, and was food wise on calaber with the fancy (and expensive) vegan chef restuarants in Manhattan, but at a much nicer price. The service was great and the restaurant and bathrooms were very clean and kid friendly.

Beyond just tasting great, the food made me feel wonderful after eating it. I was energized and felt fresh- a sign of quality food. All in all, Cleveland Vegan is a true gem - I wish there was one in New York City!

Pros: Quality Organic Ingredients, Creative and Tasteful Dishes, Very Clean with Great Service

Cons: Only in Cleveland

happy Customer - Edit

I recently made lifestyle change and gave up meat completely for health reasons...I am not completely Vegan, but I might be if I could eat at Cleveland Vegan....the hardest part about no longer eating meat if finding healthy meatless options that actually taste good too!

A friend of mine heard about this restaurant from a relative that they catered a wedding for so we decided to give it a shot. I happened to be greeted by the ownerand i asked what she recommended. I had the cauliflower hummus plate, potatoes and asparagus benedict.
I couldnt have been happier with those options and couldnt believe they were vegan! the fresh smoothie was a perfect compliment to my meal!
sweets are my weakness so when i was paying i had to take a cookie home...i got the PB one and it was phenomenal.

so glad i found this place and look forward to going back soon to try other things on the menu!

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff, neat clean cafe

Cons: none

Non Vegan that loved Cleveland Vegan - Edit

I have been to Cleveland twice in the last 6 months for Christmas and Easter visiting family, and both times we went to Cleveland Vegan for Brunch. The 1st time I got their French Toast...I must preface that I am far from Vegan, so I was kind of leery because i didnt think i would find anything I would eat, let alone like....The french toast was so good, I dont know how they did it without eggs, but I dont care because it was delicious...I also got the cajun potatoes and choc chip muffin for the full vegan experience...so glad I did...I saw another review that said the cost was too much, I disagree...$19 for a delicious, natural, meal was a steal...If we had gone to a normal breakfast place like Bob Evans the meal would have been 10-15 dollars....I would much rather spend a few extra dollars on fresh food.

the 2nd time i went, i had the best pancakes ive ever had. the banana, caramel compote was soo good...i actually ordered another one to go and ate for dinner that night... when we were leaving I decided to give the cookies a shot, and was shocked that there was a vegan chocolate chip cookie that was as good as it was!

I wish there was a place like this in cincinnati!! looking forward to visiting my relatives this summer and seeing what is new on their menu

Pros: Delicious, fresh, natural Food, cool atmosphere and clean sharp rest., affordable flexible options

Cons: That they arent in cincinnati!

Visiting Cleveland - Edit

it looked nice enough pine wood tables etc, food pre-made in a display, normal issue of cash only! no receipt offered or given ( maybe the tax inspector should pay a visit) makes it harder to bring a group of people out. Tried the cinnamon roll smoothie, around $5 for 8 oz the girl used a vitamix for no more than 10 seconds and it had some ice and banana lumps tasted of banana and cinnamon (should really have been on for 30 seconds at least) and it was more like a milkshake not a smoothie very thin, prices looked high for non-organic ingredients, looked clean at the tables and a little less clean behind the counter and kitchen no hair nets used and the girl behind the counter handled the fruit without gloves only putting them on after putting the fruit in the vitamix. The waitress was nice to me and the other customers ( although I was taking out). going to be generous and give it 3 stars but will not be back.

Pros: vegan food

Cons: expensive and cash only

clevelandvegan 28 Apr 2015 - Hi Veganon,

Thank you for your visit to our cafe. We just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge your experience and share a few things with you. A few edits to what you mentioned in your review...our smoothies and juices are 12 ounces, not 8 ounces. And not sure why you assumed we don't use non-organic ingredients. Our cafe is nearly 100 percent organic.
We sincerely hope you will consider coming again.

Holiday party catering - Edit

Cleveland Vegan catered my holiday party last week and I was very happy with the food. The brushetta and spring rolls are my favorite items on their menu. My guests would agree. I love what they do and would use them for every party!

Vegan Wonderful - Edit

These guys did our wedding catering. The food was incredible! We have many non vegan family memebers who mwere raving about the food. They went out of their way to bring the event to a whole nother level. They gave us several sample menus. We had a menu tasting. The hardest part was deciding what not to put on the menu. It was all sooooo good. They came recomended by several friends who had been to events catered by Cleveland Vegan. We can't say enough nice things. We are looking forward to the next event that they can cater. They will also do meal preps and small orders. We just got a valentine's day cookie order from them to give to family and friends. They have many refferences and years of experience.

Pros: Profesional, Experienced, Delicious

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cleveland Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.