Cleveland Vegan

Contact 216-221-0201

17112 Detroit Ave, Lakewood, Ohio, USA, 44107

Vegan catering turned brick and mortar, opened here Nov 2014. Offers smoothie, juice, bakery items, and deli options. Brunch menu rotates monthly. Casual with Wi-Fi. Open Tue-Fri 7:00am-4:00pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, International, Organic, Juice bar, Catering

First Review by kbord

A most excellent meal - Edit

My visit(s) to the Cleveland Vegan have been more than just outings for a meal, i savored my food.

I give high marks for clean and delicious.

Baked goods way yum.

Worthy

Jim

Pros: Many

Cons: Few outside the short day hours.

Truly Delicious! - Edit

Have been to Cleveland Vegan three times - and have not been disappointed! Love the breakfast sandwich, the classic cheez steak, and the very decadent "Nutella" Whole Wheat Crepe! Service is great too! Five big stars! Unfortunately, not open early or late.

Pros: great food, great service

Cons: location - unless you are a west sider!, not open early or late

clevelandvegan 17 Oct 2016 - Hi daroff! Thanks for the review! We are no open earlier...7am weekdays and 9am on weekends.

Thanks!

Awesome find! - Edit

The food was amazing. I tried a miso bowl and my family ordered biscuits and gravy, avocado pesto toast, corn chowder, bagel with amazing cream cheese (that did not at all taste vegan). We also tried pb&j oatmeal with cacao. It was all very delicious! The atmosphere was so cute and the servers were friendly and efficient. Definitely recommend this fantastic restaurant for the vegan or non-vegan.

Pros: Amazing food, great atmosphere and great service!

Cons: NONE

out of this PLANET biscuits and gravy! - Edit

We stopped in Cleveland vegan just passing through on a road trip. As the two hungry vegans looking for some vegan toast on a slow Sunday, we were showered and spoiled with the most delicious vegan biscuits and gravy and breakfast hash. It is hard to do biscuits and gravy well, aka it is hard to put a wheat roux on a wheat biscuit, with seitan meat inside. But this b&g was the best we've ever had in terms of consistency, portion, fluffiness and crispness of biscuit as well as a new flavor of herbs with a touch of caraway? Fennel? And the load of b&g balanced out perfectly with the loaded veggie breakfast hash. The coffee on top of that was brewed to perfection and paired wonderfully with the meal. The atmosphere is chill, bright and kid friendly. But the 5th star is for the amazing service and the braveness of rocking an open kitchen. Love being able to see the people who make the deliciousness happen, thank you Cleveland, it was real!

Pros: great coffee and food you won't need to worry abou, great service , kid friendly

Cleveland Vegan - Edit

Has a nice and clean environment with some plants to brighten your day. They have a three course meal option which is great.

Pros: You get a lot of food for what you pay, The menu changes so you can try new foods and have, The food is absolutely delicious, and they have ve

Cons: It is difficult to park near the restaurant, but t, The menu changes, so your favorite dish may not be, When it's cold outside, it is difficult to avoid t

Vegan Paradise - Edit

Our first time here and we loved it. Very friendly people, interesting art, clean, and of course amazing food. We tried the pancakes which had coconut whipped cream and banana compote. Very hearty and big portion. We got maple syrup as well although it was really sweet enough without it. The bagel with vegan cream cheese was quite filling as well and the cheese had a nice creamy texture. We will definitely be back

Pros: all vegan items, mix of breakfast/lunch items, all made from scratch

Cons: small place

Yummy! - Edit

Offers a lot of different options, including many "comfort food" items. Some dishes seem to be made appealing to vegans who may 'miss' certain dishes from growing up in omnivore settings. Some menu items are very rich. Others more delicate. A wide variety. The carrot cake whoopie pie is a must!! The baked goods are the best part over all, in our opinion.

Pros: Comfort foods , Brunch brunch brunch! , Baked goods

Cons: Can be very busy and crowded

A little slice of vegan heaven! - Edit

Breakfast sandwich was awesome. Biscuits and gravy had a good down home taste was very filling. Pumpkin French Toast Bake was like a dessert treat! The sweet potato hummus was to die for! The rosemary potatoes were fantastic, the ranch dressing was the best vegan dressing I've ever had. The baked goods look absolutely fantastic, haven't had any of those yet.

Pros: Open for brunch, reasonable cost, wonderful selection

Cons: they don't have one of these in Cincinnati!

loved their brunch - Edit

went there for a brunch on my b'day and took 4 omnivores with me. I loved it, and so did they. I'll be back for sure. their bakery items are anazing, but so us the food, too.a must go for good vegan food.

Amazing Vegan restaurant serving brunch - Edit

I recently visited the Cleveland vegan with my non-vegan husband and we both loved the food and their bakery items! we decided to try their brunch menu. We both got the tofu omelet and it was delicious! the food was amazing, the service was great, and I loved the atmosphere of this charming restaurant!

Pros: 100% vegan, friendly service, great location

Closed ? - Edit

I was planning a trip to Cleveland and mapped places I could eat on my way and during my stay. Even though it clearly said open and closed on Happy Cow and their website had their hours listed, they were not correct. When I drove out of my way, the big sign on the window said closed! We kept going and decided to come back the next day on our way back. The sign in the window said closed; I thought possibly someone forgot to turn the sign so we parked and payed a meter, walked to the cafe to see a small note on the door saying they took a break and will be back on 18th.

Updated from previous review on Friday August 14, 2015

Cons: Pay to park, Hours not updated

clevelandvegan 30 Aug 2015 - Hi Karma Kiss! We are so sorry we missed you on your visit through Cleveland. The week you came, we were on our summer vacation and closed. We had it clearly marked on our front door, the homepage of our website where our regular hours are listed, and on our Facebook page. I am so sorry you missed that. Please come again on your way back through!
Be well,
Laura

On Par with NYC's Finest - Edit

While visiting Cleveland from my home in New York City, my family and I had brunch at Cleveland Vegan, and were pleasently suprised! As a long time vegetarian and health conscious eater, I have tried almost all of the vegan restaurants in Manhattan, which are numerous, and I was curious to try a vegan restaurant in Ohio, wholeheartedly expecting it to not be as good; I was proven wrong! The menu selections were very creative, and everything my family ordered tasted fantastic, in fact, Cleveland Vegan blew away most of the vegan restaurants in NYC, and was food wise on calaber with the fancy (and expensive) vegan chef restuarants in Manhattan, but at a much nicer price. The service was great and the restaurant and bathrooms were very clean and kid friendly.

Beyond just tasting great, the food made me feel wonderful after eating it. I was energized and felt fresh- a sign of quality food. All in all, Cleveland Vegan is a true gem - I wish there was one in New York City!

Pros: Quality Organic Ingredients, Creative and Tasteful Dishes, Very Clean with Great Service

Cons: Only in Cleveland

happy Customer - Edit

I recently made lifestyle change and gave up meat completely for health reasons...I am not completely Vegan, but I might be if I could eat at Cleveland Vegan....the hardest part about no longer eating meat if finding healthy meatless options that actually taste good too!

A friend of mine heard about this restaurant from a relative that they catered a wedding for so we decided to give it a shot. I happened to be greeted by the ownerand i asked what she recommended. I had the cauliflower hummus plate, potatoes and asparagus benedict.
I couldnt have been happier with those options and couldnt believe they were vegan! the fresh smoothie was a perfect compliment to my meal!
sweets are my weakness so when i was paying i had to take a cookie home...i got the PB one and it was phenomenal.

so glad i found this place and look forward to going back soon to try other things on the menu!

Pros: yummy food, friendly staff, neat clean cafe

Cons: none

Non Vegan that loved Cleveland Vegan - Edit

I have been to Cleveland twice in the last 6 months for Christmas and Easter visiting family, and both times we went to Cleveland Vegan for Brunch. The 1st time I got their French Toast...I must preface that I am far from Vegan, so I was kind of leery because i didnt think i would find anything I would eat, let alone like....The french toast was so good, I dont know how they did it without eggs, but I dont care because it was delicious...I also got the cajun potatoes and choc chip muffin for the full vegan experience...so glad I did...I saw another review that said the cost was too much, I disagree...$19 for a delicious, natural, meal was a steal...If we had gone to a normal breakfast place like Bob Evans the meal would have been 10-15 dollars....I would much rather spend a few extra dollars on fresh food.

the 2nd time i went, i had the best pancakes ive ever had. the banana, caramel compote was soo good...i actually ordered another one to go and ate for dinner that night... when we were leaving I decided to give the cookies a shot, and was shocked that there was a vegan chocolate chip cookie that was as good as it was!

I wish there was a place like this in cincinnati!! looking forward to visiting my relatives this summer and seeing what is new on their menu

Pros: Delicious, fresh, natural Food, cool atmosphere and clean sharp rest., affordable flexible options

Cons: That they arent in cincinnati!

Visiting Cleveland - Edit

it looked nice enough pine wood tables etc, food pre-made in a display, normal issue of cash only! no receipt offered or given ( maybe the tax inspector should pay a visit) makes it harder to bring a group of people out. Tried the cinnamon roll smoothie, around $5 for 8 oz the girl used a vitamix for no more than 10 seconds and it had some ice and banana lumps tasted of banana and cinnamon (should really have been on for 30 seconds at least) and it was more like a milkshake not a smoothie very thin, prices looked high for non-organic ingredients, looked clean at the tables and a little less clean behind the counter and kitchen no hair nets used and the girl behind the counter handled the fruit without gloves only putting them on after putting the fruit in the vitamix. The waitress was nice to me and the other customers ( although I was taking out). going to be generous and give it 3 stars but will not be back.

Pros: vegan food

Cons: expensive and cash only

clevelandvegan 28 Apr 2015 - Hi Veganon,

Thank you for your visit to our cafe. We just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge your experience and share a few things with you. A few edits to what you mentioned in your review...our smoothies and juices are 12 ounces, not 8 ounces. And not sure why you assumed we don't use non-organic ingredients. Our cafe is nearly 100 percent organic.
We sincerely hope you will consider coming again.

Holiday party catering - Edit

Cleveland Vegan catered my holiday party last week and I was very happy with the food. The brushetta and spring rolls are my favorite items on their menu. My guests would agree. I love what they do and would use them for every party!

Vegan Wonderful - Edit

These guys did our wedding catering. The food was incredible! We have many non vegan family memebers who mwere raving about the food. They went out of their way to bring the event to a whole nother level. They gave us several sample menus. We had a menu tasting. The hardest part was deciding what not to put on the menu. It was all sooooo good. They came recomended by several friends who had been to events catered by Cleveland Vegan. We can't say enough nice things. We are looking forward to the next event that they can cater. They will also do meal preps and small orders. We just got a valentine's day cookie order from them to give to family and friends. They have many refferences and years of experience.

Pros: Profesional, Experienced, Delicious

Return to Lakewood Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cleveland Vegan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.