First Review by VeganPam

My family loves Clark's! - Edit

This is our neighborhood Clark's. They are a full grocery store sized health food market. Lots of vegan and vegetarian groceries available. Their cold case always has lots of vegan, vegetarian and raw items available for take-out...salads and fresh fruit cups too. I want to correct what Happy Cow's last information is about the supposed "vegan cafe inside" though..it is NOT currently vegan. As of July 2012, it is a sandwich place and bread bakery that serves lots of meat items. If you are looking for nutritional supplements and vitamins, this is your place. They also have a great produce section, the fruit always looks good! I love the fact that they carry various vegan baked goods from a local baking company, including various sweet breads, lemon and cherry danishes and vegan cinnamon rolls. If you like beer and wine, they've got a big selection, including organic. They also have a nice book corner in the store. I have to second what another reviewer said about checking your receipt. Unfortunately, I've been overcharged numerous times. Especially if I am purchasing something with a clearance sticker, I have to be very sure that they give me the discount and I always check my receipt immediately. The staff is pleasant but pretty much keep to themselves. They are helpful enough if you have a question or need assistance. The store is always very clean. The prices are decent...not the lowest I've seen but not the highest either. We love Clark's!

Pros: Good selection, Very clean, Vegan/Vegetarian friendly

Cons: Wish the Cafe was still vegan, Prices are a bit high, Staff could be a bit warmer

check reciept - Edit

Probably has what you expect...only 1 of around 6 options of fake cheeze was actually vegan....decent produce...no bulk liquids or sugar...I wish more stores in the area accepted food stamps. Also, they charged split peas worth $2/lb as flavored pumpkin seeds worth $11/lb huge difference good I checked my reciept.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 10, 2011

Pros: large store

Cons: only 1 vegan cheese, no bulk liquids or sugar, charged wrong on reciept

Blows Whole Foods AWAY~ - Edit

WoW! I have never seen suck a well stocked Natural Foods store. Clark's has it right. You can find nearly every item from every natural vendor, their whole lines! It took me two trips to drink it all in and find all the great products. The produce there is AMAZING, too. Some negative are that some of the vegan store products were moldy and they labeled items vegan that had honey in them and they left many of the ingredients off their store baked goods as well so despite how good they look I'd stay away from their store products.

Pros: HUGE, they have everything, just every item ever

Cons: moldy vegan breads, left out ingredients on labels

good store for organic - Edit

The staff at this store are very helpful and will try to get what you need if you don't find it on the shelf.
For the coachella valley, this is the best store for a large variety of organic products including WINE.

Pros: large store, friendly staff, good hours

Cons: Too Expensive, Too Expensive, reducing variety

I LOVE THIS STORE! - Edit

This store has an incredible selection of vegan food and they have wonderful organic produce. I shop here once a week without fail. I have found hard to find items and love to try new things every week.

Pros: Big Store, Great Selection of Vegan Food, Organic Produce

Return to Rancho Mirage Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Clark's Nutrition closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2112 times since Dec 2007.