Civilization

• Friend
Contact 352-380-0544

1511 NW 2nd St, Gainesville, Florida, USA, 32601

Serves meat, vegan options available. A worker-owner co-op restaurant providing American and global cuisine using local and organic ingredients, since 2009. Location is in the historic Gulf Oil Building (circa 1929) near downtown. Its menu offers many vegetarian dishes, of which some may be requested vegan or soy-free - please ask your server. Has a specials menu board. Selection of organic wine and beer. Sunday brunch from 10am-2pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, International, Organic, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by aadams1217

Good food - Edit

The place is set back among some trees, so we almost drove right past it. From the parking lot, we weren't sure if it was a restaurant, but soon found tables outside that assured us it was. Once inside, we were pleasantly surprised by the nice decor. The menu had only 3 vegan main dishes. We shared an appetizer (Pakora). two out of three of us liked it. The sauce has a strong celantro taste. My daughter had the Indian Thall Plate. I opted for the Florida Citrus salad. I was expecting a larger portion for my $9, but it was really good. The other person, ate a non-vegan dish that she enjoyed.

Pros: good food, nice decore, friendly staff

Cons: Salad was expensive for what you get, Can easily drive right past the place., Not a large selection of vegan

Love this place - Edit

Great atmosphere and super-friendly staff. Yes, the menu can be a bit pricey, but this place is all about quality. You can tell the chefs put their all into the dishes. Beautifully seasoned and cooked. I don't go here very often, but when I eat out and feel like having a genuinely good meal, this place is at the top of my list.

Pros: quality of food, atmosphere, staff

Cons: price

Return to Gainesville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Civilization closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3230 times since Jul 2011.