City Vegetarian

088-236128

20 Lorong Lintas Plaza 2 , Lintas Plaza, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia, 88300

Chinese name 城市素食小館. Often busy. Directions: Lintas Plaza is off Jalan Lintas and is about 700m from the intersection with Jalan Penampang (the road to Penampang). You could take bus 13 from the city to Penampang and get off at this intersection and walk the rest of the way. More info: srimelaka.com/vege.html Open Tue-Sun 10:00am-2:30pm, Tue-Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Malaysian

First Review by blackeyedboi

Amazing Staff, great food! - Edit

This is definitely the best vegetarian restaurant I've been to, not only in Kota Kinabalu, but in Sabah so far. The woman who served us was friendly, helpful and speaks 3 languages (including English). The menu is big and varied, it includes both Malaysian and Chinese dishes. She explained in detail what was in the dishes when asked and even showed us some of the ingredients that we were not familiar with. she also gave us tips on how to cook/eat them. We felt extremely welcomed. The food was also really good, nice sauces and flavors. I wish I'd found this place earlier so I could have gone back more times.

Pros: friendly, welcoming staff, great food!

Cons: a little hard to find, and bad parking if your dri

excellent quality & healthy - Edit

Delicious, freshly prepared vegetarian versions of Chinese-Malaysian dishes. A good place to try the "Sabah vegetable" and curry dishes. Nice dumplings too. Choice of brown or white rice. They do use eggs, but staff can tell you what to avoid. We had no difficulty talking to the staff in English. You can buy bakery products to take home (unsure if these are vegan) and bamboo leaf-wrapped sticky rice dumplings for your breakfast the next day!

Pros: suburban/non tourist vibe, variety of choices, brown rice available

Cons: some dishes use eggs

Birthday treat - Edit

Taken here for birthday treat by my lovely Sabahan friends/family. Shared a selection of great food. Would definitely recommend. Probably book beforehand, small and busy restaurant. 07/06/2015

Pros: Great food and relaxed atmosphere.

Cons: No cons but is busy so maybe book.

Return to Kota Kinabalu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has City Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.