City Organics

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 03-6231-1465

34 Criterion Street, Hobart, Tasmania, 7000

A vegetarian store that focuses on vegan and other special dietary foods, especially those that are organic, fair trade, ethical, and safe for the community. Stock includes organic food, gluten free food, fresh fruit and vegetable, baby food, pet food, natural cosmetics and beauty products. Has delivery service. Open Mon-Fri 9:00am-6:00pm, Sat 9:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by vegan_simon

Bad quality... - Edit

Sadly I learnt the hard way that you can't trust this place 100%. I have noticed a few of the dates on my products have been changed using pen - simply scribbled over the top of the old date. :( I completely respect that the nature of fruit and veggies means that they go rotten & mouldy quickly but to have found so many disgracefully old items of produce in the fridge and on the shelf is beyond me. They have some lovely products here but to be honest I don't think I'll be returning in fear that I will get sick due to staff changing the dates on old product. Very disappointed as this place really could be incredible and I will miss some of my favourite treats. Can probably purchase cheaper elsewhere though as prices are quite steep.

Pros: Good product range, Friendly staff

Cons: Changed dates, Rotten produce, Expensive

tiny but convenient - Edit

Convenient for city workers and visitors, but I sometimes wish they had more space. As the staff if you can't find what you're looking for as they do pack quite a range into their shoebox.

Good range of grocery items - Edit

This place has a great range of products, including grocery lines, treats, cosmetics, household cleaning products etc.

They stock quite a few things that are hard to find elsewhere

Have found they're happy to order things in if something's out of stock.

Have recently expanded their fridge/freezer selection, which is great.

Pros: Great range, Central location

Cons: Difficult to park for a quick stop

vegan rise - Edit

I only discovered this place recently, but it was a very good find. They have some different types of vegan cheese!! Staff are friendly, and there is so much goodness in that little space, you might not know where to start, but take your time and take it all in. Some items are a little expensive, but most of us living here really can afford it.

Pros: friendly staff, wide range, vegan cheese

get your groceries here! - Edit

It was fantastic to be able to shop here without worrying about the prospect of something having meat, gelatine, rennet, etc. for an all vego shop it has a good range of products. I noticed there is also a loyalty program for the loyal locals. Plenty I organic, fair trade and cruelty free products here! It also has a nice feel too it, not pretentious in any way. Very friendly staff.

Pros: all vego , friendly, loyalty for locals

Great Range - Edit

City Organics has a lot packed into a small store. Great range of vegan foods, including groceries, refrigerated items, cosmetics and cleaning products.

Very helpful and friendly staff.

Pros: great range, friendly staff

Fantastic shop! - Edit

I go in there with a huge shopping trolley because I stock up when in Hobart. They have the best selection! And the staff is friendly and helpful.

They also do shipping online via their website if you do not live near Hobart. This is how I ordered from them during the year we were living in Derby.

Pros: Selection, Staff, Location

A Good Find - Edit

I was so pleased when I found this shop after moving from Adelaide after months of searching I finally found my favourite tofu brand. The staff even offered if I would like a different variety in the same brand that they would order it in for me. So I as really pleased with the service and have become a member which gets you discounts on different products. They have a really good range of vegan chocolates and the yummiest dark chocolate coated roasted almonds. They also have fair trade products and they sell some cheezly products.

Pros: Friendly Service, Yummy Vegan Treats

all fresh & all vegetarian - Edit

i love this place! central location, friendly staff, fresh goodies & all vege (plus you can get a discount loyalty card)!

Return to Hobart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has City Organics closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1760 times since Aug 2007.