City O' City

303-831-6443

206 E 13th Ave, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80203

A down-tempo coffee house and bar. Full menu and thin crust vegetarian and vegan pizzas. Serves breakfast til 5pm and the full lunch and dinner menu from 11am-2am. Offers options made without gluten including pizza and various bakery items. Car parking requires a fee. Open Mon-Sun 12:00am-2:00am, Mon-Sun 7:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by rainfall2008

Favorite Brunch Spot - Edit

We visit City O' City on a regular basis for a late weekend brunch. The new items on the menu are awesome!! Current obsessions: Chicken and Waffles (original and chipolte are both fantastic), Fried Ravioli are amazing!!!, and all the new tacos are delicious!... not new, but the classic Breakfast Burrito has never disappointed in years of ordering. We always get a side of breakfast potatoes. They are perfection. Great for lunch and dinner too, but we usually only make it for brunch since it is not in our neighborhood.

Pros: really, really tasty, vegan comfort food, hip spot

Cons: parking is difficult, long wait time

Wonderful! - Edit

I was in Denver for a few weeks this past summer, and I somehow didn't discover City O' City until I was about to leave!

The atmosphere is trendy, but I didn't love it. I'm not a dark restaurant kind of girl, and we had to sit at the bar because it was crowded. (I prefer a table.) We also had to wait somewhere between 30-45 minutes to get in, so be prepared for that possibility. When we did it was quite loud, so talking was difficult. While I didn't love the atmosphere, you really can't fault a restaurant for being popular.

That said, the food and the service more than made up for any atmospheric gripes I had. Even though they were packed to the gills, the wait staff was very attentive and helpful. The food took a while to come out (again, because they were very busy, I assume), but when it did, it was TO DIE FOR. I can't remember what we had, but I can remember it was the best food we ate in Denver. There are a good number of clearly-labeled vegan options, too.

Pros: amazing food, helpful and attentive wait staff, many clearly-labeled vegan options

Cons: dark and crowded, long wait, portions could be bigger for the price

Good breakfast and happy hour - Edit

I had the special with green chile tofu, biscuit and potatoes, good meal, with unlimited coffee, reasonably priced. A good atmosphere and good service as well. I have since come back regularly for the happy hour; the bbq seitan, carrot soup and greens are excellent.

Note: I've encountered inconsistent interpretations of what the open seating is during happy hour. I know they get quite busy then, but having a uniform interpretation of where single patrons can sit and not have to wait for a table is not too much to ask.

Updated from previous review on 2016-12-30

Pros: Food, Atmosphere

my favorite restaurant ever - Edit

This is the best place I've ever eaten, ever. The fried chicken (cauliflower) and waffles.....out of this world. My husband and I ate here three times in one week aaaand got a fourth meal to go. Every thing we had between us was perfect. The buffalo tofu wrap....WOW. Perfect desserts. You often have to wait but 1,000% worth it. They're open until 2 a.m. which was fantastic- we went after a concert at Red Rocks. Servers were very friendly. Cant wait to return!

Pros: vegetarian , amazing atmosphere , has brunch and also open late-night

Cons: there's not one in my town, they can't deliver to TN , parking can be a challenge

Love it eventho... - Edit

I love this place. Every time I'm in Denver I want to eat here. My faves are the Udon Noodle Bowl and the El Jefe: Stupendous! However, the service is inconsistent: Sometimes absolutely lovely; other times they treat me like a pest. Which I find really ironic, because there is literally an entire city of mice living there, running around, dodging people's feet and gathering crumbs. I dont entirely fault them. They open up the entire corner to create an open-air atmosphere when weather permits. What can I say, I'm a risk taker. It's worth it for the El Jefe burger. Have a glass of wine and watch the mice play. They're adorable.

Pros: Diverse menu, stupendous veg burger

Cons: Occasionally crabby staff and adorable mice

ew - Edit

food was bad, just bad. 'mac & cheese' was just overcooked pasta with a wet, flavorless sauce. bbq tofu was dry and burnt and luke warm like it was sitting on the flat-top all afternoon.
our server was inattentive and seemed more interested in chatting with the bartender than the customers.
the restrooms were DISGUSTING. no paper towels and hand soap with a very strong perfume which was all i could smell on my hands while eating. maybe graffiti is cool in a rock venue or dive bar or something but not where im eating. gross.

Pros: location, big menu

Cons: gross food, gross restrooms, poor value

Not Great Service / Average Food At Best - Edit

I saw great reviews for this restaurant, so decided to try it. I sat at the counter, as the restaurant seemed quite crowded. It took over 5 minutes before anyone behind the bar noticed I was sitting there, and they were not so busy as not to even hand me a menuI ordered, based on a recommendation from one of the people behind the bar the udon. I found it to be very salty, and just not that good.The restaurant was far too loud for my taste.

Cons: too loud, not so great food, not good service

HIP af - Edit

Not only was this place poppin' on the Friday evening we showed up, but vibe was really something. My partner and I put our names in for a 25 minute wait (that ended up being a 45 minute wait, worth it). We're from New England, where our veg options are much more limited so the ability to have anything on the menu was delightful. We had the miso cauliflower and the smoky tempeh salad to start. DIVINE. For the main course, we had both the pasta gremolata and the udon noodle bowl- which had the best damn broth I've ever had. Spicy and complex, words do it no justice. You will regret not going here. I only wish we had come once more before leaving Denver.

Flavor Overload - Edit

I love trying different vegan friendly restaurants when I travel. I found City O' City in Denver and ordered a cup of carrot-ginger soup and the Buff Wrap. The soup was quite good, though the ginger flavor over-powered the carrot flavor, I did like the roasted nuts added to the soup. The Buff Wrap was VERY hot & spicy; it was roasted seitan in a very hot BBQ sauce, with nice crisp lettuce in a flour tortilla wrap. I'd give the meal a B+, tasty but not over-the-top delicious. The atmosphere was uber-hipster and super fast service. I sat at the coffee bar and was tempted to try a latte and cookie for dessert but was too full. Maybe next time!

Pros: creative vegan dishes, friendly staff & quick service

Cons: very funky environment-not bad but just a heads up

awesome - Edit

Awesome food and super friendly staff. the tempeh hash with both gravies was amazing mouth-orgasm territory. Love the bakery case is all vegan. Got some great day old cookies for cheap. would definitely recommend!

Pros: vegan bakery case, tons of vegan options , friendly staff

Cons: street parking

excellent vegan gf food - Edit

What more can you ask for? Staff is awesome.
Food is YUMMY! (The street tacos were the best) great options for drinks and quirky music.

Must visit in Denver!

Fav Place - Edit

Hipster heaven. I don't concern myself with such things. I really enjoy this place. Solo dinning or introducing a group of out of towners. Frequent often and enjoy it every time. Regular menu with seasonal specials. Good beer on tap. Usally a wait on the wknd, but small local shops nearby to spend the wait. Dont leave with out any of the vegan desserts. Live love this place!

Pros: Food, Location

Cons: weekend wait

Did not disappoint! - Edit

WOW friends of mine recommended this restaurant and it was awesome. I had the fried cauliflower ("chicken")and waffles which was unreal! I also took home a delicious vegan pizza with their house nut cheese to enjoy later. I would definitely return to eat here.

Pros: taste, variety

AMAZING - Edit

We stayed down the road at the Hostel and we ate here twice in our stay. Food was amazing(the country gravy {vegan} was to die for), staff was friendly. Almost everything on their menu was able to be made vegan,and everything was clearly labeled. We hope to make it back soon.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Good Value, Amazing Food

Good Breakfast - Edit

Very good coffee, friendly service and nice atmosphere.
Breakfast is served until 2:00 pm. I was there on December 23 and tried their Vegan eggnog... delicious

waffle heaven - Edit

This place rules. After going here last year, I started eating everything with waffles! We were in Denver for 6 days and ate at City O City 5 times!
The savory waffle is ridiculous, so good. Huge portions and super reasonable pricing. The cafe is phenomenal.
The restaurant is super cute and really cozy.
Staff was super helpful and really nice. We felt like old friends by the end of our trip. I'd come back to Denver just to eat here again!

best Caesar salad!! - Edit

Arrived in Denver late and was so happy to dine here. Love that they're open so late! It has been so long since I had a really good Caesar salad and this salad was super. Totally satisfied my Caesar craving. The Mac and cheese was ok...too sweet for me. My boyfriend really enjoyed the el jefe burger. We ordered the chicken and waffles in order to try the chicken fried cauliflower. I was kinda disappointed in the cauliflower but I really enjoyed the waffle. Server was really sweet and gave us 2 complimentary cookies that were quite good. We would definitely return and highly recommend!

All around terrific place. - Edit

I came here for brunch one morning after reading the menu to my non-vegetarian boyfriend. One mention of the All Day Breakfast Sandwich and he was sold. I had both a mimosa and the tempeh bacon hash, veganized. The service and the food were both spectacular. Our waiter was probably the most adorable guy I have ever seen and he was awesome at making sure we had a lovely experience. The food was also amazing. I am definitely coming back here for dinner the next time I am in Denver.

Pros: Love the food. , Sweet staff. , Awesome patio.

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has City O' City closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.