CLOSED: City Dogs - Food Cart

• Vegan

300 S 200 E, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84111

Seasonal street vending cart selling vegan hot dogs, sandwiches, chili, and potato salad. All vegan as of April 2012. FEB 2014 REPORTED CLOSE - PLEASE UPDATE HAPPYCOW IF/WHEN RE-OPENS.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by Zegan

Vegan Hot Dogs! - Edit

I love this place, it's a half a block away from where I live and the owners are super awesome and friendly. I usually just get the plain old hot dog and load it up with condiments. They also have a tempeh salad sandwich that is really good.
Updated from previous review on Sunday April 28, 2013

Pros: Good Location

Cons: Only open on warm days

Happy to Find a Vegan Hot Dog Cart - Edit

What a life saver this little cart was. They had about 5-6 lunch options including brat dogs, rib sandwiches, and wraps. They even had Mexican Coke! The owner was super friendly and the dogs were great!

Pros: lots of options, all vegan , tasty dogs

Delicious! - Edit

I was at beer fest downtown and was starving! I stumbled across their hot dog cart. I walked up and begged that they had something vegetarian and they responded it's all vegetarian! It seriously made my day and was very yummy!! Nothing like a good old hot dog on a sunny day at a festival. :)

Nice! - Edit

There is nothing better than sitting outside enjoying a vegan hot dog, it's an experience that I've missed from my meat eating days. I am so glad City Dogs is here to let us enjoy something that we'd other wise miss out on!

Friendly people, yummy food!

best dog in town - Edit

i love the city dogs cart. great combos of toppings on hot dogs, plus italian and beer brat sausages. yum!
lots of condiments, including ketchup, vegenaise, mustards, onions, jalapenos, sauerkraut. it is quick to get your food, even when there's a line. i can't enough good things about this thing.

there is always a buy one, get one free coupon in the city weekly.

the hours vary. it's usually running from 10am-3pm, but it's been known to close early if it's slow on business. it is also currently closed during cold winter months.

Pros: cheap, vegan, friendly staff

Cons: limited hours

Holy cow! Veggie hot dog cart! - Edit

What a great treat in Salt Lake City. To be able to grab something filling and tasty outside / on the go was so appreciated. Normally, this isn't something us veg-heads are able to do so easily. We had the beer brat with saurkraut and a loaded Italian sausage. Both were great. The place is also run by an incredibly friendly person who was fun to talk with (especially since we were outsiders just visiting SLC). This is a must for anyone who finds themselves in Salt Lake.

Pros: big selection, fresh condiments, good value

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: City Dogs - Food Cart closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1704 times since Oct 2009.