Citrico

681 Washington Ave (at Prospect Place and St Marks), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11238

Serves meat, vegan options available. Mexican family-owned restaurant with vegan and gluten free tacos and enchiladas, vegan tortas, soups, and salads. Works with a local vegan cheese shop. Serves cocktails. Open Mon-Thu 4:00pm-11:00pm, Sun 9:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by User

OK, but not too vegan friendly. - Edit

The food was OK, but I've had a lot better. Not too much flavor. They do vegan versions of things, but it seems like they use processed, lower quality vegan ingredients as replacements for dairy/meat. They were our of most of the vegan ingredients when I visited so they only had one dish to offer and had an ingredient missing.

Pros: A few vegan options, good atmosphere, polite staff

Cons: Vegan options are limited, doesn't seem like they

sweet spot transitioning to ✌? - Edit

Riverdel, our local awesome vegan cheese shop and vegan pantry has been partnering with local restaurants in an effort to veganize them. This is usually a week special thing, but Citrico liked it so much they adopted a full on alternative vegan menu. Available all the time now. And it is awesome.

The place is simple, but charming and the staff welcoming and helpful. And very vegan friendly. I went there with my wife and two kids (we're all vegan) and absolutely loved the great (vegan) Mexican food. Margaritas as you like them. Negra Modela on tap. I really liked the Taco Hongos and the Enchiladas Suizas with spinach and zucchini blossoms. Have to go back and try more on the menu!

Updated from previous review on 2017-04-07

Pros: not a vegan restaurant, but has a full vegan menu, Great Mexican with a welcoming atmosphere

Cons: not a vegan restaurant

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Citrico closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.