Cinnaholic

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
  • ( 20 reviews )

115 E San Carlos St, San Jose, California, USA, 95112

Vegan cinnamon roll bakeshop founded 2010 in Berkeley, CA, and has grown into a franchise with outlets across North America. Offers many flavors of rolls as well as the option to build-your-own from a range of flavors and toppings. Sells also cookies, brownies, and coffee. Open Tue-Thu 12:00pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-6:00pm. Closed Mon.

Categories: Bakery

First Review by alexandra_vegan

trina_reese

Points +62

17 Oct 2021

delicious

this place has awesome vegan cinnamon rolls! & theyโ€™re always fresh.

oraxia

Points +69

Vegetarian
17 Sep 2021

So Much Yum

I had discovered Cinnaholic back in Berkeley when a couple of omnivorous friends who worked there told me about the best cinnamon rolls they'd had in their lives, which they only figured out much later were vegan and therefore safe for me to eat (because I have an egg allergy). I guess all they saw was "cinnamon rolls" at first, LOL!

The rolls are BIG! They've also started adding other things besides cinnamon rolls to the menu as well, like brownies and shakes and such, but so far I've stuck to the rolls because that's what I'm always in the mood for when I make it over here. The baby buns (mini cinnamon rolls) seem to sell out before I get there almost every time, but when they have them, it's fun to get those with an assortment of frostings/toppings so you get to try multiple things.

This location is closer, thankfully, than the original Berkeley one, but is still kind of a bear for me to get to and park at (although it's even a tad closer now that I've moved to Milpitas). It's probably better for my waistline that this isn't an easy place for me to get to, but I am really hoping for another branch of the shop to open closer, and with a parking lot :P

Pros: So Many Options & Toppings, Large Portions, Friendly Staff

Cons: Parking Can Be Difficult

NatalieMayer

Points +323

23 Oct 2020

This place is the BEST and has so many options

I love Cinnaholic!! So many options it's hard to choose! Their shakes are also delicious and the yummy cinnadoodle cookie!

They are minority owned and super local vegan small businesses and have frequent vegan popups! Love giving this place my business :)

Even my non vegan friends/family love it!

Pros: 100% vegan, Delicious, Great value, vegan popups

Cons: Parking is a bit tricky.

VeganNinjas

Points +425

21 Sep 2020

Sweet Tooth Fix

This place is very good but verrryyyy sweet. We got excited and piled on a bunch of topics; next time we will keep it more basic and add 1 topping. The Oreo Shake was phenomenal and the cookie was awesome as well! We will be back.

msorrentino

Points +18

19 Aug 2020

Vegan with a sweet tooth

As a vegan with a sweet tooth this is the place to go. Everything I tried there was delicious.

JenniferFanoeWolf

Points +72

04 May 2020

Love their cookies!

We love their cookies! We enjoy the cinnamon rolls as well, but really love their chocolate chip cookies. We have been ordering them regularly during the shelter in place.

Pros: Great vegan treat options!, Cookies freeze well, Love all of the frosting and topping options

Cons: Location is not in a great place

Veg*n4Life

Points +96

31 Mar 2020

Decadent

Lots of choices for toppings on cinnamon rolls I never would have thought of. It all tasted really good.

Pros: All vegan , Variety of choices

Cons: A bit pricey

naama651

Points +372

12 Jan 2020

Delicious cinnamon rolls

Great vegan place with lots of vegan sweets, mostly cinnamon rolls, but more. Also have a few drinks on the menu. The cinnamon rolls are delicious, but with all the adding stuff it becomes too sweet. I hope they will consider to reduce the sugar.

Pros: Only vegan

R4yn3B34uX

Points +38

06 Jan 2020

Excellent!

Passed one of these in Seattle but couldnโ€™t stop to try, so I was ever so pleased when I discovered one around the corner from my hotel in San Jose! So as far as Iโ€™m concerned, a great location!

The rolls were the sweetest Iโ€™ve ever had which might turn some people off but I say bring on the sweetness!!

Pros: Menu is 100% vegan...

LadyKingston

Points +32

10 Nov 2019

Great!

Delicious selection of sweet and savory rolls.

ALittleCritical

Points +110

26 Aug 2019

I personally didnt enjoy

First of all I should say that the idea of a gourmet cinnamon roll establishments isn't what I think is a good idea for a business. I don't understand why people would want different flavored cinnamon rolls. I like a plain cinnamon roll I don't like cinnamon rolls with marshmallow frosting and raspberries for example.

I really didn't care for this place at all. The Buns themselves on the baby buns I think they're called are good like the dough is good but there's no goo in the cinnamon rolls and there's just a bunch of sugar granules and cinnamon in it. Also the cinnamon roll was not hot. So it was just precut cinnamon rolls three in a bag and they just give it to you with a side of frosting of your choice.

I was really disgusted by the amount of packaging waste these people put out you cannot go there and get a cinnamon roll on a plate they give you for example the Baby Buns that I got are 3 to a bag so you got a plastic bag with three buns that are all individually in muffin papers and then they put that inside of a box and then they put a plastic container of frosting on the side. Just a ginormous fuckton of waste.

Also there frosting isn't good I got the regular frosting and it tasted like straight butter I'm a vegan and I think it was just gross and I get the vegan trust issues when I ate it. My friend got the marshmallow flavor which I didn't particularly care for I didn't think it was very marshmallow e and the aftertaste wasn't good. We also tasted amaretto which tasted like coconut more than anything else.

Also their water was terrible it tasted like straight chlorine. I would not recommend this place at all

Pros: Good dough

Cons: Too much packaging waste, Too sugary, Frosting sucks

Brenda Jauqe

Points +581

25 Aug 2019

Best Cinnamon Rolls!

These cinnamon rolls are so tasty! You also have the option to load it up with all sorts of toppings. By far the best cinnamon roll I've ever had!

Pros: Lots of toppings available

karolina_teresa

Points +72

19 Jul 2019

Sweet heaven

Treated myself to delicious cinnamon rolls with vanilla frosting cookie dough and peanut butter chocolates - delicious!

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Bit prices for just a cinnamon roll

peppitaly

Points +1122

22 Dec 2018

Oh my...

Wow my first time trying a cinnamon bun, I would give them infinite stars if I could.

Cons: Expensive. 5.75$ for original

badgirlsvegan

Points +1555

05 Nov 2018

Satisfies my sweet tooth

I go here so much that itโ€™s problematic. Honestly with the create your own option, the possibilities are endless. I have a goal to try them all!

Pros: All vegan everything, The cookie dough , The peanut butter frosting

Cons: $8 per roll is kinda pricey

BiankaKovacs

Points +46

09 Sep 2018

Gorgeous cinnamon rolls

Juicy, crispy and absolutely delicious!

ystasi

Points +112

14 Jul 2018

Best Cinnamon Rolls!

I remember anticipating this place to open, and when it finally did, I went and bought two large cinnamon rolls just for me! I went again the very next day, and have since gone every other weekend. I love this place!!!

Pros: Custom cinnamon rolls, Large variety of frosting flavors, Large variety of toppings

Cons: Parking is difficult

BenDavis

Points +53

08 Jun 2018

Sooo tasty

Super friendly staff. Quite and pleasant on a Friday morning. Really tasty and I checked with the staff and they verified that everything was vegan friendly ๐Ÿ˜

ForGoodnessSeyks

Points +764

21 May 2018

100% vegan

Awesome place! Totally vegan, not any real gluten free options.

alexandra_vegan

Points +1549

29 Apr 2018

Finally fully vegan desserts in the South Bay

I love any cream cheese and fresh fruit combination. They accept my own container for the rolls.

Pros: Fully vegan

Return to San Jose Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cinnaholic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.