Cienfuegos

212-614-6818

95 Ave A (at East Village Manhattan), New York City, New York, USA, 10009

Bar and restaurant offering a short, vegan food menu and a large cocktails & drinks menu. Located upstairs of its sister restaurant Mother of Pearl. Hosts live jazz ensemble Monday evenings. Open Mon-Thu 5:00pm-1:00am, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-2:00am, Sun 5:00pm-1:00am.

Categories: Vegan, Beer/Wine, Cuban

First Review by crturner25

So lovely!! - Edit

I came here with one of my friends for dinner--we initially went to Mother of Pearl, but decided to go upstairs to Cienfuegos instead. It was a bit quieter (MoP gets SO loud) and was such a pretty atmosphere!! It's quite dark and has string lights all over, and a live band was playing. Very Little Havana esque. We both had a great sparkling rum cocktail that wasn't too sweet. Al the plates are small plates and meant to share. We got the croquetas, empanadas, and cauliflower tacos. Everything was super flavorful and very good. The croquetas were my favorite. We were expecting to have to order more food, but those three dishes filled us up. Our waitress was very sweet and helpful with suggestions. Overall was a very lovely dinner and great place to get a drink!

Pros: beautiful ambience, great food, great cocktail menu

A must try East Village hidden gem! Cuban small plates & rum bar - Edit

Cienfuegos is above another one of my favorite restaurants (their sister restaurant, Mother of Pearl). You walk through a curtain and upstairs to enter this Cuban rum bar with small plate/tapas style eats! Their menu is small but NOT LACKING IN FLAVOR OR DIVERSITY! I have tried just about everything on the menu and discovered some of my favorites are -- the yucca fries, fried guac (mother of pearl has this too!), and the crispy cauliflower tacos! (just to name a few...)

Their drinks are also incredible and it's best to hit happy hour for their half price RUM PUNCH BOWL! There is always a special going on and it's a great place for a group to share lots of fun drinks and dishes!

The atmosphere is very pretty, and intimate later at night as they keep the lights low. Their are some booths and free standing tables as well as bar seats. The staff is very friendly and enthusiastic! Overall, one of my fav east village spots and I continue to go back time and time again and LOVE this place even more!

Pros: Incredible, unique tapas style dishes , Friendly staff and fun atmosphere , Eclectic menu and bar drinks

Cons: Pricey , Small inside , Sometimes inconsistent

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cienfuegos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.