Cibo Restaurante Vegetariano

+39-0165-060561

Via Jean-Baptiste de Tillier 40, Aosta, Italy, 11100

Vegetarian organic restaurant with a relaxed atmosphere where animals are welcome. Offers many vegan choices from antipasto (guacamole, bruschetta, gazpacho and more) to pasta dishes. Vegan dishes are not labeled on menu, so please ask. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Thu-Sat 7:00pm-11:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, International, Italian, Macrobiotic, Organic, Mediterranean

First Review by Manuela

Visited while on summer vacation - Edit

Back in the summer of 2016 my girlfriend and I visited this place since we were looking for restaurants with a vegan menu. After googling I found this place and was curious about the vegan alternatives of this region.

I was really surprised to find out that the dishes they served were so good. At first I assumed they would serve meals wherein the meat was replaced with flavours and structure close to the traditional meat recipes, however the dishes we ordered were surprisingly refreshing on their own.

Since it was quite busy in the restaurant, the waiter told us if we were very hungry or if we would not mind waiting longer than normal. Since we were wandering around all afternoon through the old center of Aosta (which is mesmerizingly beautiful on its own if I might add), we ordered a plate of Italian bread and tapenade/spreads. Traditional Italian spreads but also with other Mediterranean (North African/Western Asian) influences.

Before the main platter, the lasagna, we ordered had a soup which was put together with real finesse. A sweet herby/spicy flavour (I think it was something like fennel or anise), encompassed with a butteresque creamy taste; coincidentally it was the best choice to combine with the lasagne.

We both ordered a lasagne with the main ingredients being eggplant and mushrooms, flavoured with Italian herbs, breadcrumbs and garlic. It was not dry*, nor bland; this lasagna was perfectly squishy though firm, not wet and tasted incredibly good. For me the sensation of eating this was perfect on its own; you don't need to remember the meat lasagnes when you have got lasagnes built like this. I was skeptic since back then I thought lasagnes could not be finished without the cheese fest, however I did not even miss the great Italian cheese orchestra.

Of course I should not forget that we drank white whine with the plates and it tasted great! I feel so stupid not writing down the name of the wine we had here, but we did write down the names of the other wines we tasted. While I'm not sure if all these wines are vegan, I feel obligated to point out that they should be tasted and loved by more people, so try out wines from Aosta and its surroundings (Arvier for example).

*on occasion I visit places where the grilled or baked eggplant has gotten dry, which is not bad but it is just not how I prefer it. Of course in some dishes it can actually be the only way to perfect the dish (i.e. salads, ...), but just not in a melanzane/lasagna/moussaka

Pros: No meat imitations, Great flavoured and delicious dishes , The waiter was an awesome and funny guy

Cons: Might be too expensive for students

So so - Edit

To be honest it was our first and last time in this restaurant. My husband took burger the waiter bring him 2 big pieces of bread with tiny falafel inside for 10 EUR!!! I took pumpkin soup, which was nice, and falafels with sauce which was not so good, and at the end we decided to risk and take a dessert - chocolate "panna cotta"... well if you ever tried the cheap soy version from local shop, well this is much worse and it will cost you 5 EUR. If you want to have simple and tasty lunch it is better to go to "Semi di Sesamo Gastronomia Veg".

Pros: Atmosphere, Cosy place

Cons: Small portions, Overpriced, Very simple food for required money

Upscale atmosphere and menu - Edit

Elegant atmosphere, tasty food and attractive presentation, wide selection (vegan and vegetarian), attentive but unobtrusive service, English-language menu available.

Good and tasty food in Aosta - Edit

I was so glad to find this restaurant in Aosta, that I went there both evenings of my visit. Nearly all dishes are vegan and they also pleased my non-vegetarian friend.
The dishes are fresh made with tasty ingredients and fortunately they aren't to big, so I had the pleasure to taste the dessert.
The staff is very friendly, attentiv and helpful.

Pros: excellent food, nice atmosphere, english speaking staff

An unexpected vegan oasis in Aosta - Edit

It was a happy surprise to find this restaurant in Aosta. A good selection of vegan dishes on the menu. The staff was very friendly, helpful and English-speaking.

Pros: Fresh, seasonal ingredients, Friendly, helpful staff, Value for money

Cibo, a nice cosy restaurant in Aosta - Edit

This restaurante came as a surprise.Food is good, well presented, tasty. I had both lunch and dinner there (Aosta does not offer many vegetarian restaurants, it is a place for cheese and salami) and I was able to eat different dishes, as they have two different menus for lunch and dinner. All ingredients are very fresh and seasonal. Risotto and pasta were very well cooked. The only low note was dessert: chocolate budino needed a bit more..chocolate. Definitely worth a visit, or two.

Pros: Fresh, seasonal ingredients, Moderate prices, Different dishes btw lunch & dinner

Cons: Staff does not speak English, Closed on Sundays

Return to Aosta Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cibo Restaurante Vegetariano closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.