Cibo Express

Contact 773-462-9824

10000 W O'Hare Ave (at O'Hare Intl Airport, Terminal 2), Chicago, Illinois, USA, 60666

Serves meat, vegan options available. Food counter at the airport. Offers prepared & packaged foods with gluten-free, organic, and items from local food companies (including vegetarian). Menu changes regularly.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by EverydayTastiness

Thank you O'Hare! - Edit

I had the kale salad and the buffalo tofu which was so good I wish I could buy it somewhere else! I'm here now on my returning flight and I'm so disappointed that they're out today! The chik'n salad is ok. I love that they have a ton of options including fresh fruit, fresh veggies with hummus and raw almonds. This is an oasis in the airport. Also check out the yoga room in the rotunda nearby.

Thanks for the Soul Vegetarian Items! - Edit

This was my second stop at Cibo Express at O’Hare where I specifically sought out the vegan items produced by Soul Vegetarian Restaurant. Several items were offered including kale salad, two wraps, lasagna, and a box with crackers, hummus, kale salad and carrots. My husband and I got each of the wraps, which were very tasty. But, at $7.99, they were really expensive. I guess that’s to be expected in an airport. Thank you, Cibo Express, for offering vegan options in a non-vegan world!

Pros: Vegan food in an airport!, Soul Vegetarian food!

Cons: Expensive

vegan food at the airport! - Edit

I recently found myself with a few hours to kill and a fierce appetite while waiting to catch a flight at Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport (ORD).

Cibo Express is in Terminal 2. They had a big sign with their vegan, veggie, organic, and gluten-free options.

Cibo Express features several tasty items from Soul Gourmet. The cheesecake was tempting, but I wanted something savory. I dashed over to the counter looking for the Mac n Cheese.

To my dismay, I only found the cheesecake. They were sold out of the kale salad as well. I chatted with the cashier, and she said they were expecting a shipment within the hour. It came about 15 minutes later, so I got it.

It was a bit frozen from it’s cold journey outside before entering the airport. I let it warm up in my backpack before enjoying it on the plane. It was surprisingly good. The rice noodles worked well with the “cheesy” flavor from the nutritional yeast. I would buy it again.

Pros: vegan friendly

Return to Chicago Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cibo Express closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1089 times since Oct 2013.