ChuYuan

04-23725245

266, Zhongming South Rd, Taichung, Taiwan

築緣素食坊, at 臺中市美村路一段709號, is a vegan restaurant that offers Taiwanese vegetarian food. Has noodle soup, rice set, hot pot, and dumplings. Relocated from Meicun Rd. Call for hours - tell us.

Categories: Vegan, Take-out, Taiwanese

First Review by jctbaker

Tasty, good value, nice people - Edit

I almost cycled by this spot – as I can't read Chinese! – but caught the leaves on the sign and asked someone leaving. It's a bright, clean little restaurant and the mellow Buddhist music gives it a good atmosphere. Drinking water, chopsticks and sauces are at the back, behind the counter and beside the books – you just go get them yourself. No English menu but the young lady can translate. I had the 'dry' sesame noodles (as opposed to soupy). Very good and filling. A simple dish: lots of noodles in a thick, heavy sesame and chili sauce with chopped greens on top. I really enjoyed it. I had finished a 140km bike ride so ordered take away too, knowing I'd be hungry again in a couple hours. My table-mates recommended the rice with 5 sides – apparently it's a fan favourite. Again, a very tasty dish; not sure whether it was tofu or tofu-like bits with steamed greens and other stuff I can't name. But I liked it and will be going back regularly. And from what I can tell, they have a bustling business of regulars. Finally, they do vegan hot-pots.

Pros: Tasty dishes, Clean, Friendly atmosphere

Cons: Could be hard to find, No English menu

Return to Taichung Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has ChuYuan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.