First Review by Juan Bello

not the cleanest place - Edit

i don't get a warm fuzzy about the cleanliness of this place. perhaps this is because the kitchen is in plain sight. but you would think that this is all the more reason to keep it looking presentable.

it didn't help that the person who took my order at the register and accepted my cash to put into the drawer then went and prepared the food without first washing his hands, putting on gloves, or anything like that. this was at a fairly quiet time, so the person handling the register was also the person preparing the food.

the food is on the greasy and spicy side.

Pros: lacto-vegetarian

Cons: not clean, greasy

Not a very healthy choice - Edit

I went to this restaurant as the closest to the Crowne Plaza Hotel - Dulles Airport. The place doesn't look clean and well-cared. It is mostly for take-away. The menu provides a list of dishes using Indian names, without any further information of what each dish is. Since I am not familiar with South Indian food, I didn't know how to order (apart from the classical samosas). The explanations provided by the person attending didn't help much. I ended up with two huge portions of rice! The food doesn't feel as particularly healthy (very oily, plenty of carbohydrates). Food was completely served in disposable dishware (both for eating at the restaurant and for take away), so as an environmentalist I was kind of depressed. I personally wouldn't try it again, but if you are fan or familiar with Indian (particularly from the South, it seems) it can be OK.

Pros: Only one in Herndon, VA, Walking distance from Herdon hotels

Cons: Menu difficult to use, Not particularly clean, Not healthy

Return to Herndon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chutneys closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2366 times since Aug 2007.